60 litre / 15 gallon - options

That Aquael tank looks OK, the only thing I would look into is whether the lights can be set to turn off completely as the 'day and night' implies to me that the lights are on all night, which is bad for fish.
The filter looks OK, it seems to contain only sponge with the option of cartridges containing carbon or phosphate remover, neither of which is necessary. But the sponge cartridge will not need replacing for years. According to the instructions, the direction of water flow can be adjusted but not the flow rate.

Seems like it has a 'moonlight' setting, which is blue light over night. Is that bad for the fish?
Also, seems a bit annoying that the only way to cycle through settings is turning it off/on again. Might be a pain to set up a timer for.

Thanks,

seriouslyfish.com seems like a great resource. Looks like Rams are out. Thinking about it, I could also go for a species tank of honey gourami. I had a pair of these in my previous tank and found them fascinating and soothing to observe.

Though the tank might look a bit empty with only 5 or so honey gourami? Hmm
Put pygmy cats under them, it will look fantastic

Yes it is. Fish need a period of several hours total darkness in every 24 hours.

Ok. I prefer the styling of the Ciano tank anyway. An extra £20 is well worth it to make the fish happy!

I would say stocking the tank with a group of fancy guppies with a pair of honey gouramis would look great (only thing is honey gouramis usually like soft to moderate water and it seems your GH is right on the border of the high end)

Most reactions

Back