60 Gallon Community Build

I'm getting closer to getting this tank setup!! Just placed my order to get my filters, heaters, test kits, etc!! Can't wait to get them!

Just a quick update; I got all my sand rinsed and added to the tank along with getting it filled!! It's starting to come together!!

These won't be the lights I'll be using, but I wanted to see how it looked with some kind of light. I'm very surprised how clear it is after just about 20 minutes of being filled.

:)

Looking good! How deep is it? Will it be enough to allow planting?

sawickib said:
A bushy nose pleco only gets about 6" so not huge. Could also get a clown pleco, a rhino pleco, or a emporor pleco, these species beside the bushy nose are wood chewers so they need wood in the tank.
The BNs need wood too :p

O my bad haha, ive never had one before :/ maybe some day
Actually can i just add rhinos get quite large so id suggest against them.

Ninjouzata said:
Looking good! How deep is it? Will it be enough to allow planting?

A bushy nose pleco only gets about 6" so not huge. Could also get a clown pleco, a rhino pleco, or a emporor pleco, these species beside the bushy nose are wood chewers so they need wood in the tank.
The BNs need wood too :p
It's about 3" total...but I won't be doing live plants.

Ooh okay. I couldn't remember if you mentioned plants or not, sorry 
blush.png

Ninjouzata said:
Ooh okay. I couldn't remember if you mentioned plants or not, sorry 
blush.png

I may add 1 or 2 live plants some time in the future, but definitely not right away.

Hello all! Today is the big day when all of my equipment is supposed to arrive. I can hardly wait; like a kid on Christmas morning.

I feel like I know the answer to this based on the research I've done, but with the size tank I have, do you think I could keep Tiger Barbs with community fish or are they just too aggressive to keep?

Yay! I hope it all arrives safely.

Tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers, and I think they're best in a species only tank. Sorry :/

Ninjouzata said:
Yay! I hope it all arrives safely.

Tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers, and I think they're best in a species only tank. Sorry
confused.gif
 :(

Well...yesterday was exciting. All of my equipment came, but unfortunately one of my filters isn't working. I need to call Marineland today and see what I can do to get it fixed; hopefully they'll tell me to take it up to my LFS and swap it out.

I did get my other filter going, plus both heaters and the tank is currently sitting at 82 degrees. I haven't added any ammonia yet until I get the other filter going.

Water parameters from the tap are:

Nitrates - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Ammonia - 1ppm
pH - 7.4

My Current USA Freshwater LED+ light is absolutely amazing! It looks so much better than the regular lights that the tank came with. I think my favorite setting is the moonlight setting.

Ran up to Petsmart and they exchanged the filter without a problem. Got it setup and added my ammonia!!

Tank has officially started the cycle!

Glad you're enjoying the lights and yay on the exchange and cycle starting! :D Can't wait to see when it's done.

Most reactions

Back