55 gallon

First off, thanks for all the comments, I'm truly flattered. :*)

Now that I've been nominated for TOTM, do I need to do anything else??? Or do the moderators browse the pictures and post them in the competition.

As for all the questions/comments. The stand and canopy were both built by me. The stand took me about 2 months working on weekends and after work. The canopy took about a month doing the same. Used 2x4's for a frame on the stand and then skinned it with an oak plywood.

Not quite as fancy on the canopy. Just used the oak plywood for a box, then put a 1x2 along the inside to support the bottom edges. Also put a piece of glass in there for the lights to rest on. Lights were all wired by me using stand-alone pieces from Home Depot.

I can post pics if there is that much interest, but I've seen similar pics from other people who have built their own stands.

As for the Cherry Tiger Barbs being dyed, I'm not sure. I didn't even think it until someone said it earlier in this subject. I'll have to do some research to find out. I really don't want to get dyed animals when there are so many gorgeous natural colors out there. But I did want to get something bright enough to set apart from the blue background.

Thanks again everyone! :D

Most reactions

Back