55 Gallon Tank

mopedman

Reaction score
I am wondering if I would be able to fit a 55 gallon tank in the bank seat of a car? Does anyone know the length of a 55 gallon tank? Thanks

I am wondering if I would be able to fit a 55 gallon tank in the bank seat of a car? Does anyone know the length of a 55 gallon tank? Thanks

It could be a whole range of sizes! You can get long, thin, short tanks, tall ones, wide ones, cubes, etc, etc, etc... Also depends how big the car is!

My 52 gallon is 100cm x 45cm x 50 cm (if I remember correctly)

It could be a whole range of sizes! You can get long, thin, short tanks, tall ones, wide ones, cubes, etc, etc, etc... Also depends how big the car is!

My 52 gallon is 100cm x 45cm x 50 cm (if I remember correctly)

I'd almost bet to say that no matter if it's short, fat, skinny, or tall...a 55 gallon aquarium is not going to fit into the backseat of any car. If that's what you had in mind I'd use a back up plan.

:fish:

I'd almost bet to say that no matter if it's short, fat, skinny, or tall...a 55 gallon aquarium is not going to fit into the backseat of any car. If that's what you had in mind I'd use a back up plan.

I disagree. 55gallon isn't a huge difference on 52 and my tank fit in the back of my Renault Megane with space to spare. Didn't even need to fold the back seats down.

I think it really depends on the shape of the tank.

My 55 gallon tank that I will be getting is 48"X13"X20"...inches that is. But we are using our van to transport it b/c of everything else coming with it.

Try to do a search on the internet of the type of tank your getting, and maybe you'll find something there.

nah we fit a 60g in a fiesta so i'm pretty sure there are some cars you can get one in!!

find out the dimensions and measure though as others have said there's variables in the shape of the tank and obviously in the size of the car

My bad. I was assuming there would be a stand with that too. We all know what assuming can do. Best to take measurements instead of listening to crazy old loons like me :D

:fish:

I've never had a problem fitting anything smaller than a 4ft tank in a car. Unless you have a small car with only 3 doors and then it gets interesting but its still possible.

I fit a standard 55 gallon in a mid sized american 4 door sedan. (forgot what car it was exactly)

Most reactions

Back