55 Gallon Stocking

Plantlet

Reaction score
I don't want to spend $100 on a lot of little tropical schooling fish, so I would prefer larger fish that you don't need a lot of. I do like big fish like oscars that grow to be quite large, but I know I would need a bigger tank for an oscar. I like exotic fish, like eels, brown knives, dinosaur bichirs, crayfish, crabs, shrimp, etc.

I do not want to do brackish or saltwater.

You can get a pair of african cichlids. That's all I would put in a 55, just 2.

-Ummm... what about two Zebra Cichlids? Albino? http://www.petco.com/product/101063/Albino-Zebra-Cichlid.aspx?CoreCat=LiveFishHPFreshwaterFish

-Angelfish! I say put about... 3 or 4 angels in there.

How does that sound?

-What about a big school of tiger barbs?

-Ummm... what about two Zebra Cichlids? Albino? http://www.petco.com/product/101063/Albino-Zebra-Cichlid.aspx?CoreCat=LiveFishHPFreshwaterFish

-Angelfish! I say put about... 3 or 4 angels in there.

How does that sound?

-What about a big school of tiger barbs?

This is a late reply, but I think I'm going to get a dinosaur bichir, a few silver hatchets, and some others.

why only 2 african cichlids in a 55g?

This is a late reply, but I think I'm going to get a dinosaur bichir, a few silver hatchets, and some others.

will the bichir not eat the hatchets?
Curious about the only 2 cichlids as well. In a 55, depending on the exact subspecies you could exceed a dozen given proper care and filtration.

why only 2 african cichlids in a 55g?

will the bichir not eat the hatchets?
Curious about the only 2 cichlids as well. In a 55, depending on the exact subspecies you could exceed a dozen given proper care and filtration.

2? I'm putting 20 in mine!!!! I guess maybe 4-6 if breeding I guess with 1 male and 3+ females.

Most reactions

Back