55 Gallon Stocking And Plant Suggestions

Yeah, rummy nose and bleeding hearts are good looking fish. I just have to see which ones they want and then compile a list to make sure I don't overstock.

FCWonderer said:
Yeah, rummy nose and bleeding hearts are good looking fish. I just have to see which ones they want and then compile a list to make sure I don't overstock.

Good luck with that! Just keep us updated!

Oh and  more plants you can have
 Hygrophila: Very hardy
 Dwarf Sag,
 Jungle Val
 hydrocotyle.

DerpPH said:

Good luck with that! Just keep us updated!

Oh and  more plants you can have
 Hygrophila: Very hardy
 Dwarf Sag,
 Jungle Val
 hydrocotyle.
Here's an update on the situation. So far we've selected scissor-tail rasbora and cherry barbs to go in with the angelfish and Cory. My other roommate wants tetra and he wants to know his options. Any ideas with the current fish?

ncguppy830 said:
that seems pretty stocked to me, not much to add
My roommate switched his focus from tetra to now he wants a hi fin lyretail swordtail. I used to have one but I am not sure it can go with angelfish. Any thoughts?

swordtails can be a little nippy so male sure he has some girls prefably 3 girls to 1 male and he wont harm anybody.

Alright. Here are the numbers. Let me know if I'm overstocked. I can get more powerful filters if I need to.

8-10 cories
2 angelfish
school of scissor-tail rasboras (atleast 6)
school of red barbs (atleast 6)
3 lyretail swordtails (2 females)

Now that I write it out I feel overstocked :[ I'm going to have it very planted with driftwood and some stone. Also going to have 2 penguin 150s as the filtration.

well i guess it depends on the cories though, the rasboras grow fairly big so keep that on mind, but overall id say thats maybe stocked to the max.

ncguppy830 said:
well i guess it depends on the cories though

They will be half bronze, half peppered no matter how many I get so should it be 8 or 10?

DerpPH said:
6 of each species

I'd be happy to put that many in -I love cory cats
smile.png
- as long as it doesn't overstock the tank considering the other fish being put in it.

http://tinyurl.com/lyrkah8 <<<< This is making me think I'm overstocked, although I know it's not perfect. Plus that is with me having 2 penquin 200s which are for 50 gallon tanks by themselves. Help anyone?

Most reactions

Back