55 Gal Fish Tank

Bobby35

Reaction score
I bought my tank off of craigslist with a stand. Its not in the best shape the tank plastic around the top is cracking and soon I'm going to need to get a new tank. My goal is to buy a new tank and stand at separate times. I have a few questions about tanks, filtration, and everything else. LOL Where is a good place to buy 3d background online for a reasonable price $25-35? I'm using a cheap power filter from Wal-Mart and debating upgrading and not sure what type of filter to use my price range is $30-50 maybe a little more. I have been reading about under gravel filtration and I'm interested do you guys suggest them? If so my price range is $25-30. I'm looking to salvage the hoods from my current tank for my new tank where is a good cheap place to buy just a plain tank 55gal with no accessories and a good place to buy a nice oak stand?

This all isn't going to happen at once and is going to be a work and progress with upgrading. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and just not happy with my current tank/ stand. I want people to be impressed by my tank.

3d backrounds are gonna cost you much more then $25-$35. This is the only place I found them, and they're in the range of $100+

One of the box pet stores in US has a 1/4ly sale 55g tank will cost 55 bucks. I picked up both Emporor 400 and the EX70 I use in a 125g tank for less than 50 bucks each.

I just bought a 60gal from petsmart, complete with stand for $270, it's a Marineland, talk about an awesome deal! Everywhere else they are like almost $700

Most reactions

Back