50 Watt Submersible Heater?

krista522

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am wondering if this would be okay for my 5 gal because I can't find any 25 watt ones that aren't $20+ US

Heater

BethK Posted Today, 11:20 AM
How about something like these?

Hagan Elite 25w

Mini 25w

Jebo 25w heater

Sorry BethK I can't even load those pages, I am wondering about the cgi infront of the ebay part? I searched ebay and couldn't find any 25w that weren't cheaper then the 50w that I found which is why I asked. Thanks BettaCrazy7, thats what I was wondering. I didn't want to endanger my betta's.

I wouldn't buy that one though, it has terrible reviews :crazy:

I have the Hagan 25w, and I couldn't be anymore happy with it. I highly recommend that one. :) I use it for my 4.5 gallon QT tank. It's awesome.

Just some input. :lol:

:)
-f_f!

Just another experience here with small heaters

I used an Elite heater on my betta tank. (The first one BethK linked)

After just 9 months of use, it malfunctioned, ended up staying on all the time instead of auto-turning off. When I caught it, my tank was sitting around 90 degrees F and climbing. Apparently, from what I've heard, this is a common problem with this heater.

Currently I'm using Tetra brand and Ehiem Jager heaters on my tanks.

Found this one that seems a little bit better, is actually 25w with good reviews and a good price. I think I will buy this one. Thanks for all of the advice!:)

Elite Submersible 25w

Oh my. I wish my PetSmart or PetCo actually had some good ideas about what products are the best, because I would really hate to have to buy it from ebay and then have to pay to ship it back. I will def do some more research. I am not in a hurry for it is summer in maine and right now is 92 out, and upstairs where the fishys are is very warm, and I can tell My male and female love it, ive never seen them this active:)

The Hydor Theo heaters were highly recommended to me by people who use them, not people who sell them. You pay a little more for them, but apparently they're well worth it.

I'm planning to buy a Hydor Theo for my 5 gallon the next time I'm at a store that sells them.

Most reactions

Back