5 gallon ideas

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey guys. i just put my betta from the 5 gallon into the 20 gallon so now i have an empty 5 gallon. i took the plants from the 5 gallon and put them in the 20 too so now it’s completely empty. any ideas? i’m thinking maybe a planted shrimp tank or something but idk. i kinda want an invert tank or just something without fish. i also need plant ideas. thanks guys!

hey guys. i just put my betta from the 5 gallon into the 20 gallon so now i have an empty 5 gallon. i took the plants from the 5 gallon and put them in the 20 too so now it’s completely empty. any ideas? i’m thinking maybe a planted shrimp tank or something but idk. i kinda want an invert tank or just something without fish. i also need plant ideas. thanks guys!
jungle shrimp tank?
what type of tank do you want?
anyway, for shrimp i think theyd like cabomba, hornwort, floater roots like water lettuce or frog bit
and low flow(nano shrimp, bamboo shrimp need 20+gallon)

I spend a lot of time in front of my shrimp tank. More than I ever thought I would. Maybe more than I should!

I the first shrimp I ever had was an Amano. I couldn't believe how cool it was and what a little personality it had. It's pretty good for the ego when you go up to the tank and the shrimp comes flying through the water towards you, lands and wiggles his or her feelers. At that time I really had no idea that shrimp propel themselves through the water like that it was so funny. It reminded me of a little helicopter gliding in for a soft landing. Extremely amusing.

I'm due to get another amano or two for my community tanks right now I have a species only RCS tank.

Hope that helps 😊
Here are a couple pics of my Red Cherry Shrimp tank:

IMG_20211119_050336.jpg

Here is an image close-up where you can see a small egg just left an up from center. It is from my P. furcatus. (Blue-eyed Forktail rainbow). I've had good luck with growing out fry in my shrimp tank!

IMG_20211119_052020~2.jpg

Please excuse the dirty glass...!

I have a 23 litre (6 gallon) shrimp tank and the main plant in that is java fern moss. It is attached to a long thin piece of wood standing on its end, in the corner and the moss fills over half the tank. It's created a pine tree type effect. There's also a small piece of wood with anubias bonsai on it, and a slow growing anubias lookalike (Schismatoglottis preitoi) rooted in the sand.
My red cherry shrimps seem to like the moss, it's always covered in shrimps picking things off the strands.

Edited for getting the plant name wrong :blush:

Last edited:
I have a 23 litre (6 gallon) shrimp tank and the main plant in that is java fern. It is attached to a long thin piece of wood standing on its end, in the corner and the moss fills over half the tank. It's created a pine tree type effect. There's also a small piece of wood with anubias bonsai on it, and a slow growing anubias lookalike (Schismatoglottis preitoi) rooted in the sand.
My red cherry shrimps seem to like the moss, it's always covered in shrimps picking things off the strands.
cool, that looks like a buce plant almost!looks to be a faster grower than my anubias, grows slower than a guppy fry i've never seen it anywhere before...

I completely forgot the red root floater in my shrimp tank :blush:

This is the tank, taken just after a water change (the reason for the bubbles on the glass). I squashed the moss up a bit, it's now spread out again and almost touches the opposite walls.

Shrimp tank Nov 2021.jpg

I completely forgot the red root floater in my shrimp tank :blush:

This is the tank, taken just after a water change (the reason for the bubbles on the glass). I squashed the moss up a bit, it's now spread out again and almost touches the opposite walls.

View attachment 148675
I've never had luck with moss.
I guess I need to try more than once ! 😏

Seriously, you have a very elegant tank ✨✨✨

I spend a lot of time in front of my shrimp tank. More than I ever thought I would. Maybe more than I should!

I the first shrimp I ever had was an Amano. I couldn't believe how cool it was and what a little personality it had. It's pretty good for the ego when you go up to the tank and the shrimp comes flying through the water towards you, lands and wiggles his or her feelers. At that time I really had no idea that shrimp propel themselves through the water like that it was so funny. It reminded me of a little helicopter gliding in for a soft landing. Extremely amusing.

I'm due to get another amano or two for my community tanks right now I have a species only RCS tank.

Hope that helps 😊
Here are a couple pics of my Red Cherry Shrimp tank:

View attachment 148644

Here is an image close-up where you can see a small egg just left an up from center. It is from my P. furcatus. (Blue-eyed Forktail rainbow). I've had good luck with growing out fry in my shrimp tank!

View attachment 148642

Please excuse the dirty glass...!
beautiful

I have 2 pretty male guppies & 2 White Cloud minnows in my 5 G & plants & snails
841D3C8F-D821-4FCD-96CC-8B80BCCE50AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back