44Gal Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

botia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
sup guys

i am thinking about getting a 44gal (165L) fish tank what could go in there. personally i like black ghost knifes catfishes and hatchets but i might go for a community instead.

please answer soon

Hello Botia

There a huge variety of fishes for a community tank and different families:

Catfishs
Characins:tetras
Cyprinids
Live-bearers

You could type theses names in google so you can have an idea about what you like, like me i really love tetras, maybe your tastes are different :rolleyes:

by the way im no newby i have a 90L, 60L and a 300L with cats, tetras, hatchets and african cichlids
so sorry about the stupid question, i just dont know what i want to get

sup guys

i am thinking about getting a 44gal (165L) fish tank what could go in there. personally i like black ghost knifes catfishes and hatchets but i might go for a community instead.

please answer soon

That is too small for BGK, they get huge so a nice community tank with smaller fishes would be suitable for you. You should aim for fishes that reach a maximum size of 4 inches.

Good luck with your new tank :good:

the tank is aqua one 880, would whiptail cats be good, fire eels are cool but they get big so would it outgrow the tank.

can someone give me a list of some fish that would fit

It depends on what you like. I'm a Tetra fan...you could have many different types, cardinal, emperor, ember, rummynose, the list is endless. I also have platy, corydoras, gourami, betta...there are too many to list. My best advice to you is to go to the lfs, check out the fish they have and make a list of the ones you like. Then, go back home and research your list to make sure the fish doesn't get too big or if it's aggressive, etc...but don't take what the lfs tells you as gospel. Do the research yourself and avoid disappointment down the road. Put a list on the forum here and people will tell you if it will work or not or make other suggestions to help you. You are doing the right thing by asking questions :good: ...I'm not sure about the whiptail cat but something about that name gets me thinking that it gets large..not sure though.

the tank is 880Lx450Dx590H but im thinking about pimelodus pictus maybe 4 with other fish

i have worked out what fish are to my liking.

1x fire eel
1x gold severum
1x pleco
4x pimelodus pictus

would these fish work together if not what should i change

The pleco and fire eel get way too big for your tank. You shouldn't get those unless you have at the very least a 6 foot long tank.

i have a 300L tank that is 120cm long but what could i have instead of the pleco

A pleco would be fine but do plenty of research first t find one that wont outgrow its enviroment.

Most reactions

Back