40L Galaxy Rasbora Tank

Chappers

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
New editions to the Chapman household. This is my 40 litre Galaxy Rasbora setup.

Been through a fishless cycle and introduced the first 4 fish this weekend, three males and a female. I'm going to add a few more, and try to even out the male to female ratio, poor girl gets a bit chased around at the minute. Also going to get a few shrimp at some point probably Red Cherry.

Really pleased with the Galaxies, very small but fantastic looking, and they aren't too shy which I'd read they can be. image.jpg

Looks great.
If you want them to breed add some densely planted cabomba or similar in one of the back corners.
They're egg scatterers & will eat their eggs, when they spawn in the cabomba or similar some eggs will avoid being eaten & give somewhere for newly hatched fry to hide as they'll eat their fry too if they find them

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping to get a few fry at some point, fairly new to all this but hopeful I can learn fast, so appreciate the tips.

Looking good 
hehe.gif
Any close-ups of the galaxy rasboras?

I've tried to get a few close up shots but they are small and fast and I'm not doing very well at taking pictures of them. Might have to read the photo advice pinned in this forum. Will see what I can do.

Not great but the best I can do until I figure out what settings to use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 100
A couple of pictures of the female
Some better ones of the males
And a couple with two fish at once, not all great but getting better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 132
Nice tank and lovely little fish. I am sure they will enjoy their new home.

They're lovely! Keep it up, just need patience! :D

Aww! How cute :)

I'm trying to get my hands on some of these, once my tank is cycled.

Setup looks great!

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with them, fascinating to watch, can't wait until I get a few more.

carmstrong, I've read a few people struggle to get them, I must be lucky my LFS always have them in, the owner keeps them in his tank.

They are looking lovely! Try to get the male to female ratio sorted soon as your poor female will be harassed if not which could lead to stress related problems down the line.
Lol @ Ninj!
hehe.gif

They are such beautiful little fish. :)

I've seen them only once at one of the LFS's around here, but one could always ask their LFS if they could get them in.

With how many will you stock your tank? 

Most reactions

Back