4 Week Old Guppy Fry New Tank! Lots Of Pics & A Video!

NeonBlueLeon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have just moved my fry from a breeder net into a 5.5 gallon tank.  Here are some pics and a video!
smile.png

There are 27 fry total.  Most of them are 4 week old guppy fry, a few 3 week olds mixed in.  One little fella name 细细粒 ("sei sei lup" - translation: Little Grain of Rice) is still unidentified since I found him as a stowaway.  It's a Cantonese endearing nickname.  I believe he might be some kind of barb.  He's the distinctive orange guy/gal among the guppies.
Here's a thread I made about the little stowaway.

Getting ready to move!  Took out about 90% of the water in the 5.5 gallon and replaced it with water from the 20 gallon that they were previously in.  They were stressing for a bit while I was transferring the water, but boy was it worth it!

FTS.  Just finished putting them all it!  Used a cup to transfer 2-3 at a time.  Didn't want to pour them in, but rather have them swim out of a cup on their own.
There's a mix of live and fake plants in there.  I am planning on swapping the airstone for a sponge filter to work in conjunction with my Azoo Mignon 150 HOB power filter.

Closer look at some of the guppies.

A detailed picture of 细细粒.  Can anyone ID him yet?

Slightly blurry.  Sorry!  He was already looking for food.
smile.png

细细粒 and some of his playmates.  At week 0-2, the guppies looked like they were going to outgrow him.  By week 3-4, 细细粒 was growing at an unprecedented rate!

Blurry pic of him, if that'll help.  Probably not, but he is adorable.  His body shape is clearly not like the guppies'.

And here's a video!  Check it out in HD for maximum cuteness.
smile.png

it looks like a molly to me, the creamsicle molly to be specific

Your stowaway sure looks like my little Mollies.  That gets my vote too.  Nice pics of the fry.  Hopefully you get some nice colorings!  :)

Yea, my fry haven't got much color yet.  Most of them have this dark spot on their caudal, just like their mom.  :)
Sounds like I've got a molly here.  I'll keep taking pics and keeping an eye on him/her.

Anyway, I couldn't help but snap some more pics of the fry.  I think I'm getting the hang of my new camera!  Here are the ones that turned out well.  Enjoy!

"I'm hungry!" "Me too!" "Did you check under that boulder?" "Yes. Nothing yet."

"What's that big black thing he's holding?" *snap*

"When are you gonna feed me, man?"

One of the best pics I've taken with this camera yet!

I think I see some stripes coming along on the potential molly!  It's a bit more visible in person.

Those are so cute! my guppy fry are two weeks old now, growing fast!
The molly fry is my favorite though, it looks a little like platy fry doesnt it a bit, or maybe thats because of the colour haha

Most reactions

Back