4 Fish From Aquabid Came!

Any news on the other 2 yet?

I did receive news this morning. Unfortunately, my MG female was DOA- now I'm being sent a replacement (scary!), and the other, a copper female, is at my transhippers. They were labeled on the outer newspaper that's removed when they arrive to the states, so she didn't know where they belonged! She's going to ship them to me as soon as the replacement comes.

glad to hear you found them, sorry about the MG :( hope the replacement one is ok when it arrives as well..

I think its time your luck changed and im sure it will :) Got my fingers crosed for ya :)

Man, the transhipper said I have to pay shipping again. That kind of sucks since the fish were there, and this wasn't an error on my part.

Gosh...guess I'll have to order more from aquabid now...just to make it worth it. ;)

Bettas=$$$ leaving my account.

That's bull ####, I can't believe they'd ask you to pay again! You shouldn't have to pay because they screwed up! On top of this your fish was DOA, so they should be kissing your ### hoping that you don't give them negative feedback! I wouldn't pay it if I were you, and if they insist on it, tell her to keep the fish and order from someone else and use a different transshipper! :< :< :< :<

That's bull ####, I can't believe they'd ask you to pay again! You shouldn't have to pay because they screwed up! On top of this your fish was DOA, so they should be kissing your ### hoping that you don't give them negative feedback! I wouldn't pay it if I were you, and if they insist on it, tell her to keep the fish and order from someone else and use a different transshipper! :< :< :< :<

they lost the d@@@ things and want U to pau for it?? id go write a really nasty letter and get my fish from somewhere else.... :angry:

they lost the d@@@ things and want U to pau for it?? id go write a really nasty letter and get my fish from somewhere else.... :angry:

Yeah, but the fish they have are $60 that I've already paid out...so...I'll be losing more money if I don't just get them here. :(

Yeah, but the fish they have are $60 that I've already paid out...so...I'll be losing more money if I don't just get them here. :(
no, you state that they failed in their contract with you by not providing you with the fish you had purchased which they had received (so their fault) and that you either require them to complete the transaction fully, by delivering your fish without extra charge or refund you the cost of the missing fish plus shipping charges or you will take them to court. usually just the threat of legal action will get peoples asses in gear. make sure you write a letter stating your demands and intentions and send it recorded delivery so you can prove they received it!

no, you state that they failed in their contract with you by not providing you with the fish you had purchased which they had received (so their fault) and that you either require them to complete the transaction fully, by delivering your fish without extra charge or refund you the cost of the missing fish plus shipping charges or you will take them to court. usually just the threat of legal action will get peoples asses in gear. make sure you write a letter stating your demands and intentions and send it recorded delivery so you can prove they received it!

100% agree with this.

100% agree with this.

I agree too. My original idea was a bit rash, fueled by out right shock and anger, lol. The threat of legal action always seems to light a fire under business people, so this is a much better way to go. :nod:

So who should have to pay for it? The original seller from Thailand? I mean, really, the transhipper doesn't make any money out of this- so why should that person be out? Really, I don't want to pay for it again...it was $60 last time...but the transhipper's going to add the amount for the two fish that didn't get shipped to the new total (yeah, it's only $8, but that should help it a little). Basically, the orginal seller should have known to package the fish better so the transhipper could get them out right, and the transhipper should have realized that she had 2 extra fish, and only 4 for me when I was supposed to have 6 (since I had emailed her telling her 6 were coming)...

I guess I'll write the original seller requesting a partial refund. Do you think that's fair? Just to ask him to pay for the shipping fees?

It seems like a lot. He's already out one fish that has to be replaced b/c of the DOA, and then I'm going to ask him to refund the money I paid for that fish, basically? That means he's going to be out $50...

I don't know. Maybe I'm too nice... AUGH! I just don't like conflict!

The transshipper has to be making money from somewhere, I doubt they do it for free out of the kindness of their heart. It's probably the seller who pays the trasshipper for their services, rather than the transhipper making money on the shipping cost. But either way, they're in business together, so let them both know what you plan to do, and let them sort it out, it's they're problem, not yours to fix this mess.

So who should have to pay for it? The original seller from Thailand? I mean, really, the transhipper doesn't make any money out of this- so why should that person be out? Really, I don't want to pay for it again...it was $60 last time...but the transhipper's going to add the amount for the two fish that didn't get shipped to the new total (yeah, it's only $8, but that should help it a little). Basically, the orginal seller should have known to package the fish better so the transhipper could get them out right, and the transhipper should have realized that she had 2 extra fish, and only 4 for me when I was supposed to have 6 (since I had emailed her telling her 6 were coming)...

I guess I'll write the original seller requesting a partial refund. Do you think that's fair? Just to ask him to pay for the shipping fees?

It seems like a lot. He's already out one fish that has to be replaced b/c of the DOA, and then I'm going to ask him to refund the money I paid for that fish, basically? That means he's going to be out $50...

I don't know. Maybe I'm too nice... AUGH! I just don't like conflict!
i think part of the cost should be covered by the transhipper (as they received one of the fish but didn't send it. so therefore their mistake) and part should be covered by the original seller for the cost represented by the doa. none of this is your fault so why should you be made to pay? particularly in the case of the transhipper failing to send you the fish despite you having informed them how many were due. obvious negligence on their part,

and if they just don't send the fish then follow up on the threat and sue them. as you had a contract with them to provide a certain amount of fish for a specified price. to not provide some of the fish is not legal, keep records of all contact with the seller and the transhipper with dates times and what is said. you may need it later.

That seems like it'll cost me more than it will to just pay for the shipping.

I just received this email from the seller:

"Hi Kayla

I am apologize about this case because it is no fault of you then I will
send other fish for compernsation and I will take care customer I hope every
customer will happy with my goods
I put lable on the plastic bag and print information and photo in the bag
I'm sure about them health I never send sick fish to customer because I
afraid that I will become bad than good
Please let me know do you conveniently use transhiper Pegasus Victorea or
Jennifer
Thank you"

Also

"Hi Kayla

Please check Gray green female

and let me know if you get her

Thank you"

So, I replied again telling him what the situation was. I only asked for a $25 refund. That'll cover the actual shipping costs, and I can pay the taxes, fees, etc. I don't understand why he is asking me which transhipper I use. I've been dealing with him, he should KNOW...and the two listed are not even the one I've been using! Argh!

They use a lot of transhippers and it must be hard to keep track of all the fish they send out. I'm sure they have it somewhere, but were too lazy to go look it up. Also, if they promise you more fish as an apology, it might be worth it to pay the shipping (if you can house them, that is). Just ask them to specify what they will be sending as compensation, and if you want them, take them, if not simply ask for the shipping to be free or a full refund. Don't try to be nice and pick a middle ground, because if you do they're likely to take that as weakness on your part and just screw you around more.

If he was sending extra fish, that'd be fine...but he already owes me a fish to "compensate" for the one that arrived DOA. That's what I took that to mean...Hmph. First experience on aquabid=not so wonderful.

Most reactions

Back