330 Litre Stocking Plans

ConnerD

Reaction score
I have a 330L tank coming in September, been struggling for stocking ideas but have decided to go down the community route.
Was thinking of 2-3 angels, a couple of dwarf cichlids, and a shoal of a species ( Open to ideas in regards to the specific
species. What i'm struggling with is the number of fish I could keep in the tank.

Equipment purchased so far :

Eheim 2217 external filter
Fluval e Heater 300w
Play Sand
Bog wood

(Could also do with suggestions in regards to any equipment i'm missing)

The tank is 1207 x 477 x 745 mm.

Many thanks

My tank is 300 litre with similar stocking, with the Angel I would recommend that you get 4, as with 3 they could pair off and bully the other one.

With schooling fish id recommend cardinals, neons, rummynose tetras, harlequin rasboras to name a few, just make sure you buy your angels small as if they are big they will prob go for the smaller fish, cardinals and rummynoses grow bigger so would be a better option..i would have around 25-30, number wise, though you could probably get 40+ if you really wanted to.

With thw dwarf cichlids you could have two pairs in a four foot, GBRs, bolivians or apistos etc

Sounds like a very nice tank!

As for stocking i would consider:

2 Angels
25 Rummy Noses
2 Apistogramma of your choice
12 Corys of your choice
2 Bristlenoses
8 Apple Snails

Keep us updated!

great ideas, thanks alot.

That stocking sounds good mint, not entirely familiar with apples snails but i'll do some research.

My main problem is where i'm situated. My local pet shop is Pets at Home.. went in the other day and the tanks were horrible. I will most likely have to get my fish by mail order.

Keep an eye out on Gumtree and Aquarist Classifieds for fish too. You can get some good bargains there. Also keep your eye out in the classified section here. Most Pets at Home aren't fantastic, but some are excellent. Just depends if you can find a good one!

Good news, the tank has arrived and it has been set up ( Still to add the substrate and other decor ).
Already encountered an annoying problem. Problem being the length of pipework supplied with my filter is
insufficient so I have to wait until more arrives from ebay! #41####. Updates's will follow​

Thats a shame mate. If you have some spare hose pipe then this works just as well and will get you up and running until the new stuff comes.

Apple snails are great, pose no threat to planted tanks and are decent at keeping algae at bay. Get the bristlenoses as young as possible, they consume alot more algae than adults.

Minnnts stocking list looks good - though you could get more female Apistos as they do better in Hareems than singles.

Where abouts are you from and do you or a family member drive? There must be a better alternative to Pets at Home.

If not though dont dispair! If you are not opposed to posting fish, a company called Rare Aquatics has a great website with good fish on and lots and lots of nice Apistos for you to choose from :)

Wills

My 350L

4 German Blue Rams
4 Apistos
10 Rasbora
10 Congo Tetra
8 Cory Sterbai
5 Assassin snails
5 Nirate snails

EDIT: Apples snails CAN rip apart a planted tank over night (depends on snails would you belive) they ar very very messy and a common misconception is they good alage eaters of which there are ok but will need proper feeding if you are to take of them :good:
Out of the approx 1500 apples i have raised i still cant find why some eat plants and others dont

Ive got 4 adults in my main planted tank and have suffered no plant damage what so ever. They do love a nice piece of Courgette too. :good:

Most reactions

Back