31g Tank!

Daniel454

Reaction score
Hello i have a 31g tank but not sure how many fish's i can put in the tank and what kind of fish's i should get does anyone have any tips

Thanks Dan :p

hi dan i have a similar tank to yours just a little smaller. you have to have an idea of what kind of fish. unfortunatly you probably cant do tangs... :angry: but dwarf angels, clowns, gobies :good: usually a great choice for beginners. damsels another good choice but then again do you want corals?

Thats another thing i forgot to ask how much coral can i put in?

hi dan i have a similar tank to yours just a little smaller. you have to have an idea of what kind of fish. unfortunatly you probably cant do tangs... but dwarf angels, clowns, gobies usually a great choice for beginners. damsels another good choice but then again do you want corals?

Thank you i will remember that not going to set up this tank untill i move which is on friday so i have loads of time to make up my mind :p

corals dont put out much waste they just take up room. but the more corals the more nitrates will gather in the tank after a while after you keep feeding them.

Zooxanthellate corals act as nutrient exports. They will remove nitrates from the tank (though admittedly very slowly), not add them. :)

if you want some ideas check out this website.http://www.melevsreef.com/29g.html
Zooxanthellate corals act as nutrient exports. They will remove nitrates from the tank (though admittedly very slowly), not add them. :)
true that is what i ment to say i didnt put the word food in sorry dan.sorry about the mistake on the post with corals and putting out nitrates. corals dont put them out the food will eventually after feeding them.

I wouldnt recommend crowding corals for newbies, if your not a newbie i apologize, but if one coral dies and rots the water, it can set a chain reaction and in turn kill other corals and rots etc. This applies more to the meaty corals though... And you dont really want to crowd lots of lps near each other cause they are quite aggressive corals.

Most reactions

Back