30 Litre Tank Ideas

Hi,

A betta or a couple of african dwarf frogs would be good choices, check out the betta section and the amphibians, reptiles, inverts section. Or a single dwarf puffer is another option check out the oddballs section.

Emma :)

Hi

I also have a 30L tank. Mine is a little overstocked at the minute, but it is sustainable if careful and fish are happy. I have 4 zebra danios, 4 small balloon mollies and 1 albino cory catfish (very small). I think there are 2 mollie fry in there too but havent seen em for days (they like to hide under the bogwood)

Seidge :fun:

Hi,

Seidge i'd say seriously over stocked rather than a little considering that 30 litres = 6.5991 imperial gallons or 7.9275 US gallons. Also danios should be in groups of 6+ in 20 gallons + and the cory should be in groups of 3+.

Stick to the general guideline of 1 inch of adult size fish per gallon of water and you'll not go far wrong. This guideline only applies to fish which grow 3 inches max. And not to goldfish which should have 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 gallons for each additional fish.

Smif79 another option would be shrimp or snails or maybe a crab

Hi

I also have a 30L tank. Mine is a little overstocked at the minute, but it is sustainable if careful and fish are happy. I have 4 zebra danios, 4 small balloon mollies and 1 albino cory catfish (very small). I think there are 2 mollie fry in there too but havent seen em for days (they like to hide under the bogwood)

Seidge :fun:

I would not recommend this setup; danios are very active fish and need more space to swim around. They may well survive, but IMO it is a bit like keeping a Siberian husky in a town flat and only walking it in the park. Mollies should also outgrow a 30 ltrs (7-8 gallon), and cories are schooling fish.

emma, you beat me to it.

Yep i fully understand the implications of overstocking.
However i must say these fish were rescued from a friend who had given up on them and was about to flush them down the loo :(

The LFS would not take them in the condition they were in (looking a bit sad and tail biten) so i nursed them back to health. I am hoping i can re-home them all soon

Thanks for your advice though

Seidge

Most reactions

Back