3 Strikes & You're Out

Netty

Siamese Fighting Fish......The clue is in the name
Reaction score
Well it seems our last remaining Male of our 3 oldest babies is also FEMALE :hyper:

First Dyson then Dude and now little Dink is releasing eggs. So in the space of about 3 weeks we've gone from 3 males to 3 females :crazy: So now one of them will be going back with Dad (Taro).

This is her
0801150007.jpg

And this is the bubblenest she built about a month ago!!!!!
0806160062.jpg

Aw Netty she is georgous, love her colour, shame about not having a male though, were you planning on spawning the siblings?

Cheers Lilfishie :good: We were hoping to have siblings to spawn but as they're all females we'll put one of them back with Dad. I'm thinking of the purple one Dude to go back to Taro. He's the same colour as Dad and also has the better spread to his caudal. I'd really like to get some nice Butterfly HM eventually :good:

LOL! Transsexual fish! She is very pretty though, Netty! I hope my Loki turns out to be a boy! :p

OMG Tibby don't say that..........that's like the kiss of death :p But just look at the nest she built :hyper:

I know :crazy: :crazy: These 3 have had me totally vexed......showing all the classic signs of being male and yet now all releasing eggs!!!!

I know :crazy: :crazy: These 3 have had me totally vexed......showing all the classic signs of being male and yet now all releasing eggs!!!!
Maybe they are actually both and can fertilize their own eggs lol! :hyper:

Now wouldn't that be something :lol: :lol: :lol:

We actually have an older female in the next divided bit that was releasing eggs at the same time as this one and had blown bubbles all around the edge of her tank and around the heater and was trying to put the eggs up in the bubbles :crazy:

Now wouldn't that be something :lol: :lol: :lol:

We actually have an older female in the next divided bit that was releasing eggs at the same time as this one and had blown bubbles all around the edge of her tank and around the heater and was trying to put the eggs up in the bubbles :crazy:

You have created monsters lol! :lol:

No.......I've just training them to be independant young ladies :lol: :lol:

yep sexing the is a pain in the a@#, the only way i can tell for sure is to plop a fry nest in first the adult female tank, and add the baby then put the fry net in an adult male tank, the flaring and swimming behavior is only only way i can tell, cause half my females turned out to be males last spawn and half the males were just females with really long fins... dumb fish :blink:

Most reactions

Back