3 In 1 Breeding Trap - Oh My God

Keithoms

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ive just noticed on the side of the box of the breeder trap i bought yesterday.

3 USES!

1: Breeding Trap
2: Fry Maturation Chamber
3: Single Betta Enclosure

What the hell!!! There is NO possible way you could keep a poor betta in a thing like that. Its disgusting. I wonder how many people have bought these for this purpost :sick:

How big is the breeding trap? i used to have one that was very big, but also had one that was very small. I assume that it is small by you reaction.

Well it would be better to have a betta in a 2L breeding trap in a large tank than to have one in a 2L tank.

I totally agree with you with the 3 in 1 trap but Marina (think thats the company name) do a new larger one thats about 12" (give or take an inch lower) which seems be a nice size, but still its cruel keeping it in there :S Due to its size it has metal clips that bend over the size of the glass :)

Yeah, those traps arent good fry maturations chambers either. Unless you want stunted fries.
i've kept rosy barb fry in a marina net breeder before until they were 1" with no stunting. my understanding is that as long as the tank the net breeder is in, is large enough, the fry won't be stunted. this is assuming they aren't overcrowded either.

Yeah, those traps arent good fry maturations chambers either. Unless you want stunted fries.

I've been raising 4 Molly fry in a breeding trap in my 72G. They've been there for 3 weeks and they've grown at a nice rate. Almost time to release them. It also makes it SO much easier feeding them liquid food when they are still small.

When do you think i can expect my platies to make love ^^o.

The males/female seem to be ignoring each other. Will they eventually 'bond'?

Just a check, is my platy preggers? Shes bigger then other platys.

ar3j8j1q80pk5gl262t.jpg

sfy7n6gvqqc7ukar56ja.jpg

Ok, here is the trap in comp. to an API tube and the smallest tetramin. See the bullet points on box, last one.

ric0bbluwqvyils9qsbm.jpg

I've got a very similar one (slightly bigger by the looks) that has a middle partition.

I'll be honest, as a short term measure I think it'd be fine for a betta. That breeding trap is the same size as some of the enclosures I see betta's in at Wildwoods (well known on here for selling good quality fish - at a price) so whilst not ideal, I'd suggest it'd be fine for a while.

I'm not a betta expert though. My betta has a 25L tank with a few ember tetra's for company and I've never considered rehoming him in anything smaller than half that.

I hate to say it but this is par for the course for bettas. It's getting hard to get outraged any more and most of the time I just wind up shaking my head in disbelief.

Keithoms, if you have at least one male and one female platy the female will wind up pregnant sooner or later. It's not really an if, its a when and a "GOOD LORD HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM STOP?"

I hate to say it but this is par for the course for bettas. It's getting hard to get outraged any more and most of the time I just wind up shaking my head in disbelief.

Keithoms, if you have at least one male and one female platy the female will wind up pregnant sooner or later. It's not really an if, its a when and a "GOOD LORD HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM STOP?"

:lol:

It says betta "display".

This means you can show off your betta in that thing, like if you went to a betta convention, it doesn't say betta "encosure".

Most reactions

Back