3 guppys dead

Jht

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i just got 3 guppies 10 tetras (i asked for 4 the guy got a bit net scooped some out and went thats about 4-ish and only charged me for 4) and 1 ,ale betta and yhe 3 guppies ( 2 female 1 male) died over-night why and will it be possible to get more yet?

How long have you had your tank?
Water chemistry i.e ammonnia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph?
Did you float the bag in your tank and added some tank water slowly to equalise temperture etc?
Did they look ok and act normally before they died?

Could of died from transportation stress.

10 fish for the price of 4? Where is this store? LOL
Could the male betta have killed the gups? Mine dont like guppys except for dinner. Other than that its probably your water chemistry or something like bigfish said.

Shawn

Sorry for your lost. :sad: I had that problem myself but it is not because I have other fishes. The first time I bought two guppies(both male) and when I put them in the tank, only one survived. :( So I went and got two more. They died. :( Of all four, only one(name is Andy) survived. Feeling frustrated and disappointed I did a little research on why they may die soon after purchase and most says due to stress of transportation. :crazy: I guess some guppies are not emotionally strong enough to handle the change. -_- I found out I could return the dead guppies(at Petco) and I brought home a female. I did the whole bit with floating the bag in the water for fifteen to twenty minutes and so on before I released each one of them.

They are cute! :wub:

Most reactions

Back