3 Cherry Barbs in 5 Gallon Tank

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Opinions please. I keep a 5 G QT going all the time. I have 3 cherry barbs that I put in there this morning to treat. Only tank I had. They are chasing each other around. Sadly, one of my bettas died this morning so I now have a 10G empty. I cleaned it out though and dried it so no longer cycled. I’d like to just leave the barbs in the 5 although I know it is small but it’s only for a few das. Would you leave them or set the 10G back up with the 5G filter? I’m tired after cleaning 12 tanks today and breaking the one down but want to do what’s best for the fish. Opinions?

Wow, no wonder you’re tired after cleaning 12 tanks and breaking one down! :blink:

Most I’ve done in one day is 5 tanks and that was enough for me!

Honestly though, I’d go for setting up the 10 gal tank with the media from the 5gal but do it tomorrow!

Have a break, your health is more important!

Wow, no wonder you’re tired after cleaning 12 tanks and breaking one down! :blink:

Most I’ve done in one day is 5 tanks and that was enough for me!

Honestly though, I’d go for setting up the 10 gal tank with the media from the 5gal but do it tomorrow!

Have a break, your health is more important!
Thanks. I think I’ll take you up on waiting until morning. :)

I'd leave them in the 5 gallon since it's just for a few days. What if they end up in a differrent aquarium - you'll have contaminated both s 5 gal and 10 gal. Now if the 10 gallon will be their permanent home then go ahead and move them whenever. What is you secret to cleaning that many tank in one day? My assistej would only be able to do 5 at most and she works fastl

I'd leave them in the 5 gallon since it's just for a few days. What if they end up in a differrent aquarium - you'll have contaminated both s 5 gal and 10 gal. Now if the 10 gallon will be their permanent home then go ahead and move them whenever. What is you secret to cleaning that many tank in one day? My assistej would only be able to do 5 at most and she works fastl
Thanks, Jan but they have recovered and back in main tank now. I couldn’t do it without my python. :)

Thanks, Jan but they have recovered and back in main tank now. I couldn’t do it without my python. :)
That is good, I have to agree with others you should not over do it, I wore myself out when I had my big tank leak and did the big transfer to my new tank. After that mess I try and spread out doing WC especially since I am still helping my wife. :cool:

Tomorrow is Day 1 of tank cleaning days. I’m down to 12 that I do on Monday. Tuesday’s I do my 75G, 45G and my pond. Then Thursday I do a mid-week 50% on my 55G again. I love my tanks though.

I do my 55 gallon on Tuesdays and my other 3 smaller tanks on done on Thursday and Friday depending on how busy I am.

Most reactions

Back