3 Boesemani Rainbowfish Breeding Pair + Young Female

winkle

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Livestock: Boesemani Ranibowfish; proven breeding pair (both 4 inches long) plus the biggest and healthiest held-back offspring (young female, nearly 3 inches long now). Lovely fish, easy to breed for an egg scatterer and they change colour throughout the day. At lights on in the mornings they are sooty looking with dark-edged scales. When the female is ready to spawn she turns greenish and the orange stripes running along her sides really stand out. When the male is interested his head turns deep indigo blue/purple with a frosty whitish streak along the top of his head.

Age and condition: Breeding pair are at least two years old, the young female was bred by myself and is a little over a year old. All are currently in great health, the big pair are very chunky and keep spawning all over the place. These have been some of the healthiest/hassle-free fish I've kept. Feeding well on floating chichlid pellets, algae tablets, tetra-pro vegetable wafer things (they look like green fried eggs), frozen bloodworm, frozen daphnia, frozen tubifex worms, livebearer fry and any cherry shrimp they can find and fit down the hatch.

Quantity for sale: 3 Fish.

Reason for Sale: Too active for current tankmates (I have a dopey peacock spiny eel that never gets a look in edgeways at the frozen foods). They're also getting a bit too big in the mouth; most of the last batch of homebred livebearers that I popped in the community tank ended up as dinner. They're also making short work of my cherry shrimp.

Delivery or Collection: Will deliver locally. Will meet part-way for more distant takers. I will be transporting them via motorbike! In insulated containers of course - wednesdays and sundays during the daytime; all other days evenings only.

Sales price: £15 - or will swap/part exchange for;
devil lava snails
pink or ivory apple snails
lacey/frilly leaved java ferns
high-fin lyretail swordtail fry (red/orange preffered)

Photograph: None; they move too fast!

The url below does not show my fish and is not my property, but demostrates how my breeding pair look when not displaying;
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6509/bosmanicrop2ts8.jpg

Well so long as theres a couple of adult females in the mix I'll end up with billions in the space of a month anyway :D

Would you be game to meet up somewhere midway between Coventry and Nottinghamshire?

Somewhere in Leicestershire? Just how deep into those Nottingham woods are you?

I came all the way through Nottinghamshire a fortnight ago on the A46 too :p sod's law that is!

Bump; These rainbowfish are still up for grabs thanks to Minnnt's existing stock being too prolific.

They'll be swapped at the Local Fish Shop that I originally purchased them from eventually if there are no takers; just giving anyone on here who wants them first refusal.

so tempted !!!!!!!

i have loads of baby fiemouths , if u want any lol

If you still have them on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend then I am down that way and will take them. Just let me know.

so tempted !!!!!!!

I am way too yellow to even try chiclids! Pretty fish, but the aggressive reputation really puts me off.
Do be tempted though; they spawn plenty. The male even has a fetish for those little terracotta mini-pots you sometimes get plants in. He really tries hard :lol:

If you still have them on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend then I am down that way and will take them. Just let me know.

You're more than welcome to them if they're still here :) did you want to buy them or did you have something in mind to trade for them?

so tempted !!!!!!!

I am way too yellow to even try chiclids! Pretty fish, but the aggressive reputation really puts me off.
Do be tempted though; they spawn plenty. The male even has a fetish for those little terracotta mini-pots you sometimes get plants in. He really tries hard :lol:

You're more than welcome to them if they're still here :) did you want to buy them or did you have something in mind to trade for them?

The only things I have that I could trade are Rhinogobius Rubromaculatus fry which are over an inch long. If you want some of those then fair enough. Otherwise will have to be cash I am afraid.

if fish protector dont have them i defo will !! im also from cov

fishprotector said:
The only things I have that I could trade are Rhinogobius Rubromaculatus fry which are over an inch long. If you want some of those then fair enough. Otherwise will have to be cash I am afraid.

Cash is fine! I'm not going to turn my nose up at perfectly good money :p

Most reactions

Back