28l Aqua One 320 Planted Tank

Ali1212

Reaction score
Right , decided to set up this planted tank. my first attempt and i based it on the masterpiece by george farmer.
Sourced the plants from java-plants , tropica and ebay. Only been set up a couple of weeks , has shown good growth in those couple of weeks. dosing with TPN every week , c02 supplied by nutrafin yeast system. Plagioumnium only added today hence the brown root structure but im told that will go away once plant has stabilised. Tips and advice welcome :) This is my first planted tank. I intend to have about 5-10 espei rasboras in there. its also just finished cycling.

Dimensions
13" x 12" x 15"/33 x 30 x 38 cm

Volume
38 l./8 gal./10 US gal.

Aquarium type
Tropical freshwater planted

Fish
-

Plants/Invertebrates
Plagiomnium Affine , Weeping Moss , Riccia sp , Hairgrass , P. Helferi , Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis , Vallis

Filtration
Internal 400 lph with spray bar

Lighting
1 x 11w PL Lamp

Substrate
Tetra Complete capped with fine black gravel

Decor
Rocks

Background
-

Water parameters
Just finished cycling

After 1 week , will upload pictures of 1st day etc soon to give scale on amount of growth.
DSC00958.jpg

After 2 weeks
DSC_0345.jpg

Tanks010.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

wow that looks really nice,that plant on the rock grew quick,what is it? i know u listed them but i dont kno the difference!

I think you will need another 11w lamp, as the lileaopsis requires high. You have done your research and it has paid off though.

Whats Plagiomnium Affine, never heard off it?

emzyp - the rock on the far right is weeping moss , middle is riccia and left is the affine.

Aaron - thanks , im thinkin about taking the whole hood off and adding a clip on light will be much easier thank modifying the existing hood. i read that the microsword needs high light but then ive read that people have had success keeping them in lower light , so i decided to risk it and if its not growing well ill just put it in my larger tank which much higher lighting. As for the affine im not entirely sure its a truely aquatic plant , its a type of moss i know that. bought it from aquatic magic , i have a feeling that its a type of moss that grows emersed? . not sure though. cant find many pictures of it in aquariums though.

Another thing , would i be better using TPN+ in this tank or just TPN. will only be stocked with few shrimp and a few rasboras. will they make enough waste to provide food for plants?

I think you will need another 11w lamp, as the lileaopsis requires high. You have done your research and it has paid off though.

Whats Plagiomnium Affine, never heard off it?

Yes, I agree. I've got 24W over 8g and 28W over 10g and these are moderately lit tanks. There is a newer Lilaeopsis that will do better in lower light, but not 11W. I'm trying that species out in my 10g. If it does well, I'll highly recommend it, as it is a beautiful plant. Lilaopsis mauritus, I think.

llj

thought so. yeah think ill be gettin rid of the hood and clipping on a light.

Most reactions

Back