280 Gallons

ES1988

Reaction score
I was wondering would a 280 gallon tank be easier to care for if it were fresh or salt water?? Or does the fish your keeping make all the difference. I realize the large volume of water will stay clean longer because there's more to 'dirty up' if you have smaller fish in comparison to the tank size. Wasn't planning on having anything nearly as large as a pacu or arowana or anything like that just because I know a larger tank would still be better and would result in frequent water changes too. So, what does anybody think from your fish keeping experience?? Thanks!!

I was wondering would a 280 gallon tank be easier to care for if it were fresh or salt water?? Or does the fish your keeping make all the difference. I realize the large volume of water will stay clean longer because there's more to 'dirty up' if you have smaller fish in comparison to the tank size. Wasn't planning on having anything nearly as large as a pacu or arowana or anything like that just because I know a larger tank would still be better and would result in frequent water changes too. So, what does anybody think from your fish keeping experience?? Thanks!!
i think it will because more water meaning a slightly ammonia rise etc will not be so bad because more water to spread ito ut etc, but ithink its justl ike any tank but bigger

freshwater is generally easier to maintain because you don't have to make up saltwater for water changes. If you don't mind the extra work involved in getting salt water ready then they are just as easy to maintain as each other.

awesome. yea, i was thinking along the lines of freshwater.

Most reactions

Back