25L Stocking...

Fish_Newb

Reaction score
As my corner tank is only a small 6.6 galons, I have been thinking of a Betta tank as obviously they are a great lone fish, with the potential of some cherry shrimp etc depending upon the betta's temperament.

However, are there any other fish that enjoy a tank to themselves that can fit in this size tank?
Something random would be welcome :D

duno a small shoal or maybe 1 blackgohst knifefish

No just no seriously mate you have to stop doing this you always give out bad advice of fish that get way to big for the tank. Its been going on for ages now and its just not funny you have to stop! To the original poster Im on about the black ghost here it gets to about 18 inches and needs a very big tank in the region of 125 gallons so please ignore what they said.

As for stocking options you have a few besides a betta, but the betta and shrimp could work if you wanted that. But you could go for a school of something like chilli rasbora or pygmy cories - both of these would be okay in a school of 5 or 6 and you could also have some small shrimp like cherry in there as well. Or you could do a group of sparkling gourami in the same numbers of the school but they would behave differently as singles rather than as a school.

Wills

If it was me I would just go for a shrimp tank with bumblebee shrimp, cherry shrimp and tiger shrimp. But that's just me :lol: .

Another Knox... :lol:

Anyhoo, id say a male betta and shrimp/snails.

You are right about the temperament though, some bettas will accept them, some might see them as a snack.

I'd say snails are a safer bet, Apple snails or the smaller Ramshorn snails. They are nice, and come in a a variety of colours too.

I think Endlers might be ok, (dont qoute me on it though)

HTH :)

Something different..

Try get some Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario) http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Dario&species=dario&id=41

dario_dario_male_scarlet_badis_badis_bengalensis_713x480.jpg

:good:

i sed maybe wich meens u have to ask experianced i iddnt say u can:no:

I like the idea of Gourami's and shrimp (wouldn't have to worry about them being eaten...)

Is the tank too small for 4-5 Dwarf Gourami's or the slightly rarer Colisa Labiosa?

but isn't it a bit obvious that you can't put a fish in a tank if it won't physically fit. i love the Badis, i'll have to have a look into possibly getting some for my tank. i agree that it would look cool with Boraras brigittae, and shrimp.

cheers :good:

I've not long got my Dwarf Puffers, but they're just not doing it for me. Most of the time, it just seems like an empty, planted tank sat in my bedroom. It's a 65l with 3 in, but I might re-home them and go for a bit more life in there. Some Badis, Shrimp, Khulis and something up top.

Scarlet Badis are a nice idea, could house quite a few as they are only tiny, good spawning opportunity as well! (from what I just read :D)

Most reactions

Back