250 gallon tank

carrcn said:
Damn! Haven't logged on for a few days. Sorry to say I didn't get it. Don't know if it's still available or not, but the problem right now is space. I'm renting a 2 bedroom duplex right now and I've taken all the space I have right now. What with the 61" TV, 55 gallon set up, 65 gallon in another corner not set up, King size bed, 8 foot couch, monster computer desk, I don't have the space for it. The garage is maxed out with all my wood-working equipment, too.

But that would have been ideal in another 6 months or so when we buy our own house, I could have plugged that straight into a wall, which I'm going to do with a wall when we get our own house. And I kind of have to save some money for the wedding and honeymoon to Italy later this summer.

I also kind of got some cold feet when I thought about changing 125 gallons of water every week! I'm even thinking of getting rid of the 65 gallon corner-tank before I even set it up. I think the 55 may be enough for me. Just have to see what kind of space we get when we finally get out of this place and into a place of our own.
So knowing all this please tell me purpose of starting thread? :blink: :dunno:

you shouldn't worry too much about water changes.

depending on what fish you would have you wouldn't need to do 50% water changes on it. 30% changes once a week would be fine.

On my 205 gallon i do 30-40% once a week...and thats with rays in there!!

I can do my water change in 40 minutes now!!

Hey, you don't need a 61" TV. Tell you what, i'll be really good to you and do you a deal - you can have my 14" TV and I'll take that 61" off your hands for free. There, you just got room for the fish tank!!!!

Sarah

You chould buy it just to resell it for profit then...

Like someone said, you could easily get 500 bucks for that monster. I'm sure someone here would be 400$ for it anyways...

How stupid are you lot!!!! You can't see how rubish it is, why, I might have to get him to send it to Pompey so I can lob it to the bottom of the sea to stop your temptation.....
BAD DEAL, BAD DEAL!!!!!!
Hmm... And when I chuck it in the sea I'll try to get some nice mackrel to put in it.... I mean for my tea :):p

Well, after all the subtle encouragement I received here, I called on it last night, but it had already been sold. Kind of figured it would be, but I wouldn't have known without calling. Fiancee wanted to put lizards in it... :blink: ...the horror. She said she would keep it in her classroom with some bearded dragons or some such. Timing on these things always sucks. Thanks for all the laughs though. Was fun reading the replies. :D

Most reactions

Back