20 gallon

baseballfan111

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i will cycle with my gupps i have then i will add a confict then after a will can i add a elletric blue i belive they are called, could i do this? I will have many hiding spots caves, ext. also should any other care info water changes ext. i dont know much about chichlid i dont even know how to spell the name lol

That's fine you don't know the names. That's why we are all here, so we can learn from each other. :)

You can probably get away with this, if you are asking if the tank size is big enough. The guppy is a sure goner and the convict, alone will probably be harrassed by the el. blue. Not sure what the el blue is but it sounds like an African. They are mean and quick as all get out and will rule most mid sized CA.

I would suggest getting a tank of Mbunas only instead for the best results.

You could breed some neets or even have your pic of quite a few other smaller cichlids that are more compatible and will live happily if you want tho.

If it's a S. ahli (electric blue) it is not advisable to keep it in a 20 gallon tank!!

These fish can grow to 8" or better and a 20 gallon will be to small for it.

As for keeping it with a convict...also not advisable!! The ahli has long fins which will most definitely be chewed on by the convict also in the confines of a 20 gallon tank my money would be on the convicts level of aggression to do in the ahli.

CM

could i do 2 conficts or just one? oh and i knew the gupp whould be eaton i was gona remove the gupps after the cycling then put in the big fish with out the blue guy

baseballfan111 said:
Thank you some simple advise! females or males i do not want 2 breed
If you want to go with 2 in a 20g and don't them to breed, then I would get 2 females. That might not work ina 20g but it has a lot better chance than 2 males together.

im coruis why wouldnt it work? with females it might be a 29 gal im not sure friend of my mom wants 2 get rid of a aquarim cause u dont see many 20 gal mostly 29, atleast in glass

I'm not saying it won't work, just saying that the more dominate male might really harass the subdominate pretty bad. That happening is not a foregone conclusion tho, because with cichlids you just never know. 2 males just might be able to co-exist, I'm just saying I don't think so.

Most reactions

Back