20 gallon update! With pics!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cowgirluntamed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So...tomorrow will he the first water change. So far, other than the white fungus stuff on the wood (that is attaching itself to some plants), everything seems to be going well!

And...I got some new friends! I ordered 25+ Malaysian trumpet snails and 2 mystery snails(one gold and one chestnut, about the size of a merit snail right now) from a lady on aquabid. They just arrived today! All but 2 mts started moving within the first 20 mins!

I still plan on putting sterbai cories in the tank when the plants settle a lot more. Then, my blue 3spot gourami who is doing amazingly well and is a pig! Hopefully he won't bother the mystery snails. If so, they can go in a different tank. Lol.

Now, for the pics!

Full setup
20171004_134210.jpg

Water wisteria doing well!
20171004_134241.jpg

Kleiner Bar Swords getting new leaves!
20171004_134315.jpg

Crypt wendtii red, new leaves coming in. Old leaves look like crap. I'm assuming they were still emerged and not submerged so are changing now.
20171004_134323.jpg

Crypt lutea in the back, 2 anubias coffeefolia on the wood, anubias Nana to the right of the not so good looking pygmy chain sword.
20171004_134331.jpg

Dwarf aquarium lily with one crypt lutea in front of it.
20171004_134340.jpg

Coffeefolia with the fungus on rhizomes. Do I need to worry?
20171004_134426.jpg

Gold mystery snail
20171004_134445.jpg

Chestnut mystery snail running away. Lol
20171004_134455.jpg

MTS galore!
20171004_134507.jpg

One in a million shot (or not...lol) adult MTS with baby MTS on its back!
20171004_135000.jpg

And here is Outlaw! He's gorgeous!
20171004_140005.jpg

And it's official! I have a boy! Meet Butch!
20171004_135907.jpg

20170922_101603.jpg

Ok, that's all folks! Enjoy!

Ps-Butch is going into a 55 eventually, not the 20. Lol.

Dont go to sleep because if you do I will sneak in and take Butch.

Dont go to sleep because if you do I will sneak in and take Butch.

No!!! Butch is my skittish little baby! Lol! But he is gonna be gorgeous when all his bristles come in. I can't wait! Lol.

But what if I came and took Butch!! MWHAHAHHAHAH [emoji23][emoji23] He's such a cutie!!

No!! Butch is mine! All mine! Lol. I want to say I've had him for about 2 years now. I had always thought he was a she until recently. Lol. Called him Baby. I got him when he was around 1/2 inch at the time! So tiny. Lol. He's now turning into the boy in the pics and not quite 3 inches yet!

Can you hand feed him?

Can you hand feed him?

No, I haven't ever tried. I can't even go up to the tank most of the time without him hiding from me. Oh well. Maybe he will be braver in the 55 whenever I get it up and going.....not a clue when on that yet. My money seems to be going everywhere else first!

No, I haven't ever tried. I can't even go up to the tank most of the time without him hiding from me. Oh well. Maybe he will be braver in the 55 whenever I get it up and going.....not a clue when on that yet. My money seems to be going everywhere else first!

Just wanted to say that I went to my local fish shop and saw Butch! Someones tank smashes so they needed butch to have another home :) I thought why not buy him! I'm just putting him into my tank now, I'll send a pic when he's in :) He's so expensive, £20 for butch, to be fair butch is worth every penny [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And..... butch 2 is in
60f6dc2673befb52d5e847662f0ea275.jpg

Sorry about the terrible photo, he won't stop moving [emoji23][emoji23] Also I have turned the lights off so everyone isn't stressed! When I get a better photo, will send u a pic of Butch 2!

Not bad! You gotta love the bristlenose. Lol. Question though, in the picture, the eye looks red to me. Is yours an albino then or was that a trick of the camera? Mine is a super red and has regular eyes. Lol.

Not bad! You gotta love the bristlenose. Lol. Question though, in the picture, the eye looks red to me. Is yours an albino then or was that a trick of the camera? Mine is a super red and has regular eyes. Lol.

It's not an albino, it just has a different colour eye, it was rare in the shop! Does this help?

Most reactions

Back