20 gallon tank ideas for my brothers first tank

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys, my brother has been getting into watching me and my aquarium and wants his own. After studying it for 2 months he seems like he knows what he’s doing plus I’m here e to help until October. I’ve bought him a 20 gallon tank and was wondering if any of you have any ideas, want this just to be a lighthearted post with nice ideas, water parameters are fairly hard water around 150GH Ph around neutral . I was considering a planted tank with just one crowntail betta, but any ideas are welcome!

Buy Anubias & with Java Moss Carpet
And make Neon Tetra Only Tank with 20 gallon you can fit it 10-15 Neon Tetra

Or maybe 4 Otocinclus & 7 Galaxy Rasbora
If your brother likes Piranha looking fish :rofl:
Easy to keep. No need to maintenance too much and most Mistake are Fixable

Yeah I’ve always wanted otocinclus myself! Sounds like a really good idea actually . If he gets more efficient with water maintenance and cleaning and feeding after a year he could always increase the amount of galaxy rasboras as well

Looked into java moss myself and just bought 10 grams to try it out with my shrimp seems so easy

Looked into java moss myself and just bought 10 grams to try it out with my shrimp seems so easy
Yeah Java moss are impossible to remove when they Thrive on your tank and Java Moss had a lot of benefit to tank too.

I read on eBay, a seller of a java moss wrote that it'll THRIVE on high nitrite levels...

I read on eBay, a seller of a java moss wrote that it'll THRIVE on high nitrite levels...
I saw that too just now when buying some anything lowering nitrite levels can’t be bad in my opinion, does it need to be rooted? Planning on putting it above a small cave

It can be floated. Eventually it will sink n its own, but you can attach it with aquarium glue or my recommended method by attaching it with thread.

It can be floated. Eventually it will sink n its own, but you can attach it with aquarium glue or my recommended method by attaching it with thread.
You should try Chopping Java Moss into Million Piece's And glue it with Takashi Amano Method. It's really affective for me

Thanks yeah I will do that :). On a slightly weirder note one of my cories randomly started going to the surface about 10 times in a minute and looked like he was eating bubbles? I slightly adjusted my spray bar and he’s fine now and none of the other cories were doing that, maybe just lacking oxygen never done before and isn’t doing it now, very weird

DO you think 10 grams of java moss is enough for a 20 gallon, already fairly planted jus wanted to try it but can’t gauge how much of that it is etc

DO you think 10 grams of java moss is enough for a 20 gallon, already fairly planted jus wanted to try it but can’t gauge how much of that it is etc
Well if you have the patience to wait java moss growth then 10 grams it's enough but you might not achieve Carpet tho. Java moss Growth rate is really slow

Most reactions

Back