20 Gallon Guppy Tank

Cocomojo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In the bedroom we have 20 Gallon (70L) long tank. 30"x12"x12" (76x30x30) with plenty of filtration

Currently homes 5 fancy guppy, and 3 Kuhli Loaches.

PH around 7.0 - 7.2

Would love to put a Bolivian Ram, and some variety of Cory.

Any suggestions be more than welcome :D

Firstly I would get 3 more khuli's they are better in larger groups, C. aenus albino are very active corydoras and should be kept in a shoal of 6 or more they inhabit the lower regions of the tank but when playing they swim all over.

Kuhli's are a pain to find in my area :S Was hard enough getting the three I have lol

Would Juli Cory be too large? Would be killed in my sleep if I brought home an albino fish lol

why would you be killed if u got an albino ? theyre amazing

Wife thinks they be creepy lol, all started with her friends pair of albino oscars

Would a Apistogramma cacatuoides be ok with the guppies? My lfs actually just got a bunch of kuhli loaches in yesterday =D So going to wait and make sure they are all happy and healthy and will pick them up soon I hope.

So 20 gallon long tank

7 gupppy
6 kuhli
2 Apisto
6 Juli Cory

Overstocked? Any issues with people wanting to kill each other?

Also looking at upgrading the tank to either a 29 gallon, or a 3 foot tank if I can find a good deal on a tank/stand

i think i would go with the apisto and the corys or loaches or there might be to many bottom dwellers and add some tetras or threadfin rainbows

so add a pair, or trio of apisto.. bump up kuhli numbers to 8

then a small school of a small tetra

Most reactions

Back