2 X Lamprologus Meleagris Free To Suitable Home

Sporen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Livestock: Lamprologus Meleagris (Pearly Shell Dwellers) (Claus and Matilda!)
Quantity for sale: 2 (I believe them to be 1 M and 1 F but cannot guarantee as still young)
Reason for Sale: Matilda is only 1" long and vulnerable, worried other fish will attack her, she gets picked on quite a bit and some of the others are pairing up so the agression will only increase when breeding starts. Don't want to take them to the fishshop as their shell dwellers are nearly adult and I hate to think of Matilda being picked on by them. Currently she spends all ofher time hiding in the rocks and only comes out for dinner. Both feeding well on blood worm, daphnia, mosquito larvae, brineshrimp, earthworms and frozen cichlid mix.
Delivery or Collection: Collection only please
Sales price: Free to person with suitable tank, I can provide shells if needed. Must be no large fish! They currently live with 2 x lamprologus occelatus, 2 Neolamprologus Brichardi and 2 Leptsoma something or other (sardine cichlids). Given more space they would be fine but the tank is full so territory is hotly defended! Basically I got carried away with how adorable they were and didn't think through the set up properly. It was my selfish mistake and I am now determinded that they will have a more stress free life with someone to care for them.
Postage & Packaging: Nope
Photograph: Can't get pictures, they keep hiding amongst the rocks. Both are in lovely condition, feeding well and very entertaining.

Are Meleagris tropical or marine fish please? You may not still be watching this post going by the date.

Marine fish can also be tropical ! I assume you mean are they freshwater or marine, The answer is that they are Freshwater cichlids. But if you need to ask, they are probably not the fish for you. Having said that, I doubt these ones are still available since 2009 !!! LOL

Are Meleagris tropical or marine fish please? You may not still be watching this post going by the date.

Hi,

I found the post!
These are tropical african cichlids from lake tanganyika, high ph high kh water with rocks and plenty of shells.
Thanks for your help... I am still looking for some!

Alan

Most reactions

Back