2 Fish.. None..

Xenosis

Reaction score
Hey, I have an Aqua one Splish Splash tank, its a 10 gallon tank.
It has a plastic lid cover, with a hang on back filter.
This is a picture of the top of it.
SS-01.jpg

its got a plastic lid that covers it, but with 2 tiny 2cm gaps on each side of the hob filter. now there tiny.
This was royal in terms of betta keeping, planted tank, filter, heater.
Mind you, i dont have that gravel, or the plastic plant, I just use the tank, lid and filter.

Anyways in the past 2 days ive had 2 betta's. Im really upset, my faviourite one i had for 4 months, a rescue, he grew so much color, looked really beautiful.
2 nights ago, i came back from my girlfriends house, he was missing, i thought maybe he jumped somehow and the cat got him?

Anyway, last night, after i just brought a brand new betta, put him in, woke up at 6am, paranoid to see if he was still there, he still was, so i checked if there was no gaps, There wasnt, woke up at 11am, omg, another fish gone?!?!
I cant honestly know whats going on, im turned off of Betta keeping :(
that 12.95 for a fish lasted 16 hours.

Btw, I cant fidn them anywhere in my room, behind the desk, under the bed, There totally, disapeered off of the world.

Sounds to me like the filter may be to blame. Sorry you have been put off. I highly doubt you've had two jump out of the tank in that time. I'd really put my money on the filter.

I took off the lid on the filter, and there not in there... and the filter is still flowing as strong as ever :(

MaddieJ your right, You get the $$$
I pulled apart the filter, and both of them were stuck in the tubes :(
is there anyway i can disinfect the filter? keep in mind its fully matured so i dont want to kill the good bacteria:(

Get rid of the filter you have an use a sponge filter. If two got in, it's likely more will too. So sorry :(

Man, thats a shame! I think bettas are wonderful fish, and its sad to hear that the filter disagrees with them, hopefully, you will get your love of bettas back soon though!

D.

MaddieJ your right, You get the $$$
I pulled apart the filter, and both of them were stuck in the tubes :(
is there anyway i can disinfect the filter? keep in mind its fully matured so i dont want to kill the good bacteria:(

Oh that's horrific :no:
I am so sorry!

...erm...how'd they get stuck in the filter though? Unless the safety cap fell off of course...the one in the pic looks like mine :crazy:

if your worried about any new bettas getting stuck in the filter tube inlet...go buy a new knee high panty hose, and put the end of the filter tub down in it and secure at the top with a rubber band. no more stuck bettas.

if your worried about any new bettas getting stuck in the filter tube inlet...go buy a new knee high panty hose, and put the end of the filter tub down in it and secure at the top with a rubber band. no more stuck bettas.

well dang that's a good idea! :good:

Im extremley embarassed, But i honestly didn't think any fish would be curious enough or to swim up the tube, or dumb enough for that reason. so i didnt put it on :no:

I feel so sorry for them because i loved my blue one so much, and it was all my fault!
I couldnd stay away from Betta's so i put on the safety cap, and my girlfriends stocking over the inlet so thius cant happen again.
(dont tell her i borrowed her brand new foot stockings eheh)

bettas arent very fast swimmers, so he could have just mozyed by and got stuck.

do not feel bad, I killed the most beautifull female hm with a syphon tube by accident once.

woah! i thought that was a male. I didnt know females got so beautiful

Most reactions

Back