148.6L (39.2 gallon) aquarium journal

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm writing a journal about my newest aquarium- a 3ft long 39 gallon brought from a LFS and I can't wait to make it a good home for my remaining silvertip tetras. They have been in the old 10 gallon tall for nearly two years, so I am yet to put them in the 39 gallon once it's cycled and properly made. It's been nearly two years since I've been wanting to upgrade it, so I want to give them a bigger home than the last tank.

October 19:

Day after high school graduation. I had purchased the 91 x 35.5 x 46cm aquarium which came with wide lid holders, with the pieces of glass cut to size for putting on the lid together. It can just fit the Tidal 55 filter on the side of the tank. There were no tanks of the Petworx brand (except nano series and Starfire glass) without the holders, so I went on with it. It cost $435 for the tank itself. A few days after we put the sand and some of the water in, it didn't leak. We also brought a DolPhin heater from the LFS, hopefully it works... The lid holders are a problem however. The water coming out of the HOB would flow into the lid part and spill, so I have to be careful about that.

October 23:

Brought some hardscape today: some riverstones and a piece of spiderwood that would bring it together. But I would boil the wood to rid of excess tannins and to sterilise it, then waterlog it for a week or two to put it in the aquarium. Then I would put some plants in the tank and cycle it before moving or putting fish in the tank. Thinking of a nice river landscape on the aquarium, it would take a while to make it right.

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 17
There's no need to boil driftwood and it doesn't get rid of tannins much faster than just leaving it to soak in a bucket of water or in the aquarium.

What's wrong with the handles on the coverglass?

Looking forward to what you plan for the scape! The tetras will love the new space. My Sawbwa's went from a 60L cube to a 90L 2ft long, I saw a big improvement in their behavior even breeding became more common

There's no need to boil driftwood and it doesn't get rid of tannins much faster than just leaving it to soak in a bucket of water or in the aquarium.

What's wrong with the handles on the coverglass?
I do not want excess tannins to leach in the tank, and I've been wanting to do a clearwater tank with wood. The area where water comes out of the filter may land on the lid and will spill on it but due to space constraints, I had to do it on the side instead of the back.

Most reactions

Back