:alien: is all I can think ! :lol: I'd love to know what it is though ....

lol! My avatar's consisted of my hand photos, actually. Look closely :)
:hyper: Oh my goodness that's so cool - now I see it ! It looked like a lego piece to me until now :lol:
I'll never look at it in the same way again !

LOL.......I was going to Google this but couldn't figure out how or what to type. This is going to drive me nuts until someone figures out what it is.

It could be some kind of freshwater type beastie. :nod: Erm ok I have absolutely no idea at all!!!! None!! I had a similar experience. The juwel reflector fell into my tank and had been in there for a while until I came back from work and noticed it, I lifted it out only to spot a strange worm like creature on it, which seemed to be able to curl and move, it was about 1cm long. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Its a freshwater hydra... Normal for tanks actually, can be a bit tricky if it gets out of hand... I had them in my tank before but it magically dissapeared :) Its not that big of a problem really :) BUT there are cases i think that bigger hydras have managed to catch really small shrimp, and fry... But ive never seen pictures of this happening.

heres a pic i quickly googled :D
nfHydra.jpg

I always thought your avatar was a marine animal or something !

so you can sleep better now knowing those things can walk hah? just kiddin..glad we all know what it is now..so now i wont freak out either.. :hey:

The freakiest thing I have in any of my tanks is the occasional planaria and my small army of snails, but I guess the fish eat the rest. Who says I don't feed my fish live food? :lol:

That's cute that you have a hydra.

Most reactions

Back