125 gallons tank

Tyler777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know I asked this question before but I cant find it n the response i got so im gonna ask again.

I have a 125 gallons tank n i will putin there

3 adult pearl gouramies
1 big white molly
2 small black mollies
2 panda mollies
2 serpae tetras
1 male swordtail
3 female swordtail
3 platties
3 albino corys
1 suamese algae eater
1 spotted raphael catfish.

Do i hace room for more fish to add or thats it ?

There are a lot of variables,such as type and size of your filtration system, frequency, method and amount of your water changes. Having said all that,a rough rule of thumb is 1in of fish per 1gal of water. Hope this helps.

There are a lot of variables,such as type and size of your filtration system, frequency, method and amount of your water changes. Having said all that,a rough rule of thumb is 1in of fish per 1gal of water. Hope this helps.
It does, thanks

Before you add more fishes i would fix things so they are compatible. You ahve hard water fishes, soft water fishes, sa fishes, asian fishes. Also you really don't want to mix platy with swordtails under any circumstance as they will cross breed creating an even muckier fish than most domestic swordtails already are - or maybe that is your intention.

Before you add more fishes i would fix things so they are compatible. You ahve hard water fishes, soft water fishes, sa fishes, asian fishes. Also you really don't want to mix platy with swordtails under any circumstance as they will cross breed creating an even muckier fish than most domestic swordtails already are - or maybe that is your intention.
I just want a peacefull healthy tank. Besides my swordtail boy is really busy wih his 3 girlfriends theyre all pregnant

. Besides my swordtail boy is really busy wih his 3 girlfriends theyre all pregnant
This comment makes no sense and swordtails don't have girlfriends et all. It just doesn't work that way.

You also have species of fish with incomplete schools. Your serpae tetra should be 6+, ideally 8-10 minimum because they can be little turds, and same with the siamese algae eaters--they're schooling fish as well despite many people putting only one sad shy fish in to do a "job" of eating algae.

Bump those up to proper numbers before anything else, unless they're elderly (5+ years old) and you aren't planning more.

Test your GH. Your livebearers won't live long healthy lives in low GH and low pH. But again on the other hand, your soft water fish won't thrive long with a high GH and pH.

That is what anewbie is getting at.

Regarding the hybridization, yeah they will hybridize regardless in most cases because livebearers will try to breed with anything. They are not picky what they do. Your platies will breed with your swordtail males and your swordtails will breed with your platy males.

Mollies will try but are not able to cross with platies or swordtails there.

It does not matter if they have their own around, they don't care.

You also have species of fish with incomplete schools. Your serpae tetra should be 6+, ideally 8-10 minimum because they can be little turds, and same with the siamese algae eaters--they're schooling fish as well despite many people putting only one sad shy fish in to do a "job" of eating algae.

Bump those up to proper numbers before anything else, unless they're elderly (5+ years old) and you aren't planning more.

Test your GH. Your livebearers won't live long healthy lives in low GH and low pH. But again on the other hand, your soft water fish won't thrive long with a high GH and pH.

That is what anewbie is getting at.

Regarding the hybridization, yeah they will hybridize regardless in most cases because livebearers will try to breed with anything. They are not picky what they do. Your platies will breed with your swordtail males and your swordtails will breed with your platy males.

Mollies will try but are not able to cross with platies or swordtails there.

It does not matter if they have their own around, they don't care.
Bout the serpae tetras i always liked em but someone hete told me something I didnt know which is that theyre fin snippers n i found out its true so i decided not to get more unlessu know a trick to keep em from doing it then i would love to get more. The siamese algaeceater i didnt know theyre a school fish. I have 2 but the big one is always bullying the smaller one n the snaller one is always hiding.

Bout the serpae tetras i always liked em but someone hete told me something I didnt know which is that theyre fin snippers n i found out its true so i decided not to get more unlessu know a trick to keep em from doing it then i would love to get more. The siamese algaeceater i didnt know theyre a school fish. I have 2 but the big one is always bullying the smaller one n the snaller one is always hiding.
They're nippers when kept in insufficient numbers. They do best in a much larger group, in too few there's not enough to disperse aggression and they will turn to other fish. Add more. They may be more nippy for the first week or two, but this settles down as they figure their personal school hierarchy out.

Okay so your siamese algae eaters, you are seeing why they need a group. They don't have enough to disperse any disputes among them, so the more dominant one is bullying the other into hiding. By having a group, this spreads it out and you don't have any stressed and hiding.

Information regarding this is found here:
Screenshot_20240903_112442_Samsung Internet.jpg

You know what I meant. He has 3 females in the tank he already got pregnant. What are you 5 ?
Look fellow that is uncalled for - the issue is that i'm experienced and you are not. There are a lot of problems with your current stocking and i only pointed out a few - others are going to call out some of the other issues. You can take the advice or ignore it (i think you are going to ignore it which is fine); but then there is not much assistance we can provide.

They're nippers when kept in insufficient numbers. They do best in a much larger group, in too few there's not enough to disperse aggression and they will turn to other fish. Add more. They may be more nippy for the first week or two, but this settles down as they figure their personal school hierarchy out.

Okay so your siamese algae eaters, you are seeing why they need a group. They don't have enough to disperse any disputes among them, so the more dominant one is bullying the other into hiding. By having a group, this spreads it out and you don't have any stressed and hiding.

Information regarding this is found here:
View attachment 348992
As for SAE to be honest in a 125 i would keep just one - they might be small and cute now but in a year they will be fairly large and a group of 6 can probably not be sustained in a 125 esp with an inexperience fish keeper. These fishes aren't super delicate but they do have specific needs that need to be met to keep them healthy. There are other fishes like flying foxes that are smaller but they have their own issues.

Last edited:
As for SAE to be honest in a 125 i would keep just one - they might be small and cute now but in a year they will be fairly large and a group of 6 can probably not be sustained in a 125 esp with an inexperience fish keeper. These fishes aren't super delicate but they do have specific needs that need to be met to keep them healthy. There are other fishes like flying foxes that are smaller but they have their own issues.
You may be thinking of Chinese algae eaters, not siamese algae eaters. Siamese stay smaller, around 6 inches.

Im planning of putting the smaller one the bullied one in the 125 hallons tank n leave the other one where he is at

Most reactions

Back