12 Months With A Red Tailed Black Shark *update 27/10/11*

Wilky87

Reaction score
Basically im new to tropical fish keeping and this is my farourite fish. I will be taking a photo of my red tail (hes called deporto) every 2 weeks for a whole year. I think it will be interesting to watch deporto's growth throughout the year and why not share it..

Deporto Week 0 - Day of purchase

Red Tailed Shark-1 by Karl Wilkinson, on Flickr

Deporto Week 2

Deporto Week 2 Karl Wilkinson, on Flickr

As you can see his body is alot darker & his tail has now got a lovely deep red color. I would say he has grown alot fatter and about 1 Centimeter longer. At only 2 weeks he is already showing his authority, when he doesn't want other fish around his area he is quick to chase them off! Although on a whole I would say he is a good mixer with the tetras & guppies at the moment. He mainly scavanges around the bottom of the tank but will come to the surface every other feed time. He is very active & doesn't hide away like I thought he would, he loves to explore the tank

Next update 10/11/11

They are one of my favorite fish, also. Nice photo! Oh, I see you are a photographer...that explains it!

Mark

Sounds interesting I'll defiantly keep watching :good:

Nice pictures!
What's the name of the tetras with the red tail and blue stripe on its back?

this is my red tailed shark.... on a good day and on a bad bad day......

ive had it about 3yrs + now... still going strong....

Nice RedTail :good:

They grow pretty fast. I got mine @ almost 2 inches, I've had him for 2 yrs. He's 5 inches now.

those 'nifty fifty's' are great lens's! Great pics and a great idea. :good:

Today he seems abit off, im very worried! He is not very active, looks like swimming is too much of a chore for him, usually he is soending most if his time nibbling around the tank deco, now he is just floating around the bottom looking abit sick!

Most reactions

Back