100 Ukg Malawi Madness!

As always Mark, STUNNING!!!!!! :good: :good: :good:

give yourself a pat on the back, Keith.

a quick update .

last week was a bad week , my prized male aulonocara jacobfreibergi did the "yawn" and locked the ligament to his top lip , i tried without success to manipulate it back into place , but he can still feed and seems happy enough so im just going to wait and see if it eases over time. on the same day i also lost a juvenile aulonocara usisya , with no obvious cause.

today has been good tho , i had my 1st spawning . my malauna pair spawned which was quite interesting to watch , the female laying the eggs while the male dances round her then she picks them up and they are then fertilised in her mouth. she is now holding :good:

and simonas heres the tank shot ive been promising you for ages
malawi.jpg

I'm really sorry about the usisya, as you said before it could have been stress that caused it :sad:

Good news on the malauna though!! My Sunset pair are at the point of sitting in a pit that the female seems to have made inside a caved area so fingers crossed :hey: :good:

keep an eye on them , its really quite a sight when they spawn , well worth catching if you can .

as for the usisya thanks , altho im not overly worried about it , tony put an extra 1 in the bag so ive still got the 4 i paid for , so if you look at it like that i havent really lost anything

I ended up with an extra lab :lol:

I'll try and keep a close eye on them and get some pics or vids if I can. Hubby got me a great new camera but I'm stuffed for uploading any pics until my replacement MacBook turns up, sods law huh :rolleyes:

Let me know how things go with your malauna :good:

i was going to seperate the female into an empty 30g but its a #138## nightmare trying to catch fish in this tank , i literally have to take out all the rocks etc , and i just canny be bothered , plus ive got other plans for the 30g too and sods law when i finally get round to doing it il be stuck with a tank full of malawi fry , so its gonna be a' la nature for these lot .

hay mate
real good journal to read
and you got sum real nice fish ther
o and thanks for the link be defo
getting sum fish from ther
:thanks:

jay

How are things going Mark?

things are going nicely thanks lisa . i decided to shelve plans for the upgrade , wasnt willing to part with these fish when it came to the crunch

things are going nicely thanks lisa . i decided to shelve plans for the upgrade , wasnt willing to part with these fish when it came to the crunch

I can`t tell you how pleased I am at your decision!! I`m sure you won`t regret keeping them Mark :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D :D :D :D

im looking to add some more in a few weeks hopefully . depends what tony's got when ive got the money , but i deffinately want to add at least another 4 fish.

I added another 12 today to the 28 I first bought, there`s 40 in the tank now and have to say that not only is the tank looking more colourful, but the first lot of fish have become more confident :good: :good:

crikey so your sticking with new one.

I watched your ebay ad did it stick at 495?at least this way you know that if you really get in to the malawis you can strive for the upgrade at a later date and plan it better :good:

yeah the ebay listing stayed at 495 , that when i got to thinking id be happy to sell the tank to upgrade but i really wanted to keep the fish so i didnt bother relisting it and took down my ads on aquarist too . now the plan is to add more malawis when i can , and the little 30g thats empty im going to plant .

Most reactions

Back