100 Ukg Malawi Madness!

Once I got the media setup right it all fell into place, I already had the basic principle it was just a case of getting the correct media. Jap matting is a rough, compressed kind of plastic matting, it`s as tough as hell and takes ages to cut if you don`t have the right tools :shout:

I have course foam in the first chamber of the sump (cut to fit really snugly), then jap matting in the second chamber (again cut to fit snugly) then netting media bags full of alfagrog in the third chamber, then the pond pump in the fourth. It`s something that seems really weird and alien until you have to deal with it :S I`ll be using some of the sponges from my FX5.

I`ll take some photos in the next day or so, it may help other people to see how it`s all setup because there`s very little info around on which media to use and how to set it up :rolleyes:

Edited to add:

Delivery now confirmed for Wednesday :fish: :fish: :kana: :kana:

yes please some pics and a little info on how the whole sump thing works would be interesting to read . delivery confirmed too !! bet hubbys wetting himself with ecitement :lol:

Hubby works away Mon-Fri at the moment so won`t get to see them in person until Friday but yeah he`s pleased that it`s all confirmed now :lol:

I`ll definately sort out some pics of the sump and the details of what media there is and where it goes etc etc :good:

lol youl have to tease him with phone pics for now :lol: still by the time he gets to see them in the flesh they will of had a couple of days to settle in :good:

I`ve just sent hubby the link to my photobucket pics.......he`s already said he`s itching to get home and see them so I thought I`d wind him up a bit before he gets back tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

How are they getting on now?

My malauna male is out and about with the rest of them now. Jacob male is being a right tart with all of the females! :lol:

Mark loving the pics of the fish but can we have some full tank shots please.

come on chop chop :good:

zthe jacobs lip is still locked lisa , but hes got his colour back and is happilt trying to get laid :lol:

cheers simon , il do some full tank shots just as soon as my hangover clears to a more bearable level :sick:

Awesome looking fish mate-fantastic colours, they can only get better with age i feel.

zthe jacobs lip is still locked lisa , but hes got his colour back and is happilt trying to get laid :lol:

cheers simon , il do some full tank shots just as soon as my hangover clears to a more bearable level :sick:

Hopefully it`ll sort itself out but it obviously hasn`t affected his 'performance' :hey: :lol: :lol:

a quick update .

last week was a bad week , my prized male aulonocara jacobfreibergi did the "yawn" and locked the ligament to his top lip , i tried without success to manipulate it back into place , but he can still feed and seems happy enough so im just going to wait and see if it eases over time. on the same day i also lost a juvenile aulonocara usisya , with no obvious cause.

today has been good tho , i had my 1st spawning . my malauna pair spawned which was quite interesting to watch , the female laying the eggs while the male dances round her then she picks them up and they are then fertilised in her mouth. she is now holding :good:

and simonas heres the tank shot ive been promising you for ages
malawi.jpg

Most reactions

Back