10 year old leaf fish died today

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Poor lass has just lost a dear pet...can we give her a hug today and educate her tomorrow please? 😅

Not everyone loses it when something dies. Some people are more emotionally mature, and I rightly or wrongly assumed JuiceBox52 would be happy it lived so long. Seems I didn’t offend her but I would apologise if I had.

Not everyone loses it when something dies. Some people are more emotionally mature, and I rightly or wrongly assumed JuiceBox52 would be happy it lived so long. Seems I didn’t offend her but I would apologise if I had.
I have no doubt👍🏻

You do have a point though, as it could have been insensitive, so I will take it on board. :)
No probs 😁 Juice is a tough cookie, but like you say, some are not as emotionally strong in nature or may be younger in age and have to have a fish funeral in the garden with the whole family gathered round....

From what I found, the leopard bush fish is also known as a 'spotted leaf fish'. Thanks for the info and clarification on it actually not being a leaffish though! I assume it got the surname from it being thin and with similar dimensions as a leaffish.

You were just fine :)

Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss but you did well to keep it going for so long. Are you getting another?
Unfortunately not. I’m down to just two tanks, that 55g which housed him and my solo b. Pugnax, and a 5g with a rescued betta splendens that I took on last month.

Once I find out if the apartment that my fiancé and I will be moving into after our wedding in September allows aquariums, I will make a decision on increasing stock in my 55g or having to rehome the pugnax and put the tank in storage for the future.

It’s definitely been hard having to go from 12 tanks to 2, and possibly none soon but life goes on I suppose

Most reactions

Back