10 Gallon Tank Needs Equipment

Joe_Shafe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently found a 10 gallon tank but it is just that, the tank. I need a lighting system/hood and a filter. I've read forums and seen videos on building filters and hoods but I really don't know what size or type of filter or how many lights in the hood for the size of tank. So if anybody could steer me in the right direction on building my own I'd appreciate it. I'm desperately trying to keep it cheap as I'm low on cash at the moment.

Thanks,
-Joe :good:

I can help with building a stand. The light fixtures I've made work well for growing plant. Unless you can scrounge around the basement or garage for an old lamp with cord and socket, buying a new one is cheaper. Using a CFL bulb or two you can make a reflector as CFL's are not nearly as hot as an incandescent bulb and provide as much light using fewer watts. I can't help you with a reflector, the design I made was unsafe. While it didn't mind the mild shocks, frankly they was weaker than the average gag gift, I don't think the house would approve of the materials used.

You should search the net. I just purchased 3 20 inch strip lights at $15.00 each online from an online pet shop. When you find it, you can also get a heater, but an incandescent light has buku heat.

As for a filter. I can't help you there. A shop vac can be used as a filter with a little modification and DYI skills.

Most reactions

Back