10 gallon suggestions

If you plan to put a betta in there, put him in with a couple of platies. Platies are good tank mates for bettas, I love the mickey mouse platy. It looks like "the happiest fish on earth". :lol:

Hrmmmm ok, 5 neon tetra's, a betta, and I need a pair of something now.... Any suggestions?

Those are great suggestions, P.T. :D Corys would give the tank some bottom action. Three kuhli loaches would do the same too.

Even though a ten gallon is a small tank, there are lots of interesting combinations that can be kept in it. :thumbs:

You could always go with a pair of rams - blue rams or gold rams. I'm very happy with how my 10g looks with the 2 rams and 5 neons. The neons are a great splash of color. I'm thinking about adding another couple of neons but haven't decided yet :thumbs:

I was also wondering if in my case I would be able to add a coupleof panda corys or maybe pygmy or maybe otos with what I already have (see sig) as I need something to help with alge cleaning. But I don't want to be way overstocked. I keep getting conflicting opinions.

Howabout a nice dwarf gourami as your centerpiece? You'd have to leave out the betta though... I wish I could have a dwarf gourami but since I already have a betta I can't.

PS It would look good with your neons.

EkizUCLA said:
Hrmmmm ok, 5 neon tetra's, a betta, and I need a pair of something now.... Any suggestions?
thats a bad idea. neons are supposed to be fin nippers,a nd the bettas will eat the neons. very bad mix, imo

wrs said:
EkizUCLA said:
thats a bad idea. neons are supposed to be fin nippers,a nd the bettas will eat the neons. very bad mix, imo
Neons do not nip fins at all, IME. And bettas definitely do not eat neons lol. They are way too slow to catch them and even if they could they probably wouldn't. I've seen bettas and neons coexist nicely.

David said:
wrs said:
EkizUCLA said:
Neons do not nip fins at all, IME. And bettas definitely do not eat neons lol. They are way too slow to catch them and even if they could they probably wouldn't. I've seen bettas and neons coexist nicely.
yup my bettas and neons live happy together :D

look at the 10 gallon in my sig
it's been doing great for two weeks now, so you could try some of the fish i have

Wow, thanks everyone for your input. I have learned quite a bit. The final set up will be 5 neon's, 2 cories of some sort, and a beta. If the neons nip at the beta then i'll take it out and put it in a smaller tank. :byebye:

EkizUCLA said:
Wow, thanks everyone for your input. I have learned quite a bit. The final set up will be 5 neon's, 2 cories of some sort, and a beta. If the neons nip at the beta then i'll take it out and put it in a smaller tank. :byebye:
Don't worry they won't. I have my betta with a school of cardinals and they completely ignore each other.

David said:
EkizUCLA said:
Don't worry they won't. I have my betta with a school of cardinals and they completely ignore each other.
cardinals and neons are very diffrent in size. many people in the betta forum believe that they dont do well together, neons and bettas, so ask there, to see what they say

Most reactions

Back