10 Gallon Stocking?

Haha betta, I can see that you are going to develop a case of MTS (multiple tank syndrome)

Killifish can be kept in a 10 gallon and I really like the look of galaxy rasboras.

in my 11 gallon tank i've got some lamprologus brevis shell dwelling cichlids, really entertaining little fish, they're like having a tank full of puppies! real personality for such a small fish. They don't venture far from their shells so don't need much space.

Shellies and Heterandria formosa are both good choices for a small tank. The pygmy cories in that thread are too limiting. All 3 of the pygmy species are suitable for a small tank. That includes the pygmaeus in that other thread but also includes C. habrosus like this one.
Habrosus.jpg

and C. hastatus like these ones.
Closeup800.jpg

The least killies , Heterandria formosa, are actually very small livebearers that look like these ones that I have. This female being followed by a pygmy cory.
PygmaeusHeterandria800.jpg

and this female isolated on the image for clarity
femaleupright1024.jpg

And this male in the same tank. As you can tell I have greatly enlarged the adult male to make him visible.
Maleright1024.jpg

Pygmy cories are readily available on line in the US. The last time I bought some they were Corydoras hastatus that I bought from a fish farm in Florida. I ordered 12, got 13 and paid about $30 for all of them including priority shipping (The fish were listed at $1.50 each). This is a picture of them shortly after they arrived. The picture is now 2 years old and so are those fish in my tank. They are doing just fine in their own tank with a pair of montezuma swordtails. I want to say I found them on Aquabid but I am not sure any more.
Closeup800.jpg

Pygmy cories are readily available on line in the US. The last time I bought some they were Corydoras hastatus that I bought from a fish farm in Florida. I ordered 12, got 13 and paid about $30 for all of them including priority shipping (The fish were listed at $1.50 each). This is a picture of them shortly after they arrived. The picture is now 2 years old and so are those fish in my tank. They are doing just fine in their own tank with a pair of montezuma swordtails. I want to say I found them on Aquabid but I am not sure any more.

Thanks OM47.

I saw some on Aquabid recently, but the shipping that guaranteed they would arrive alive cost $45! The regular shipping cost was $10. But, personally, I don't see how I can justify paying 3 times as much for shipping as the cost of the fish. Ironically, if the fish had cost $50, and the shipping were only $10 (same total price) I probably wouldn't have been so outraged. :lol:

This time of year priority shipping is good enough. You do not need overnight shipping unless outside air temperatures are very high or very low. Go for the $10 shipping and expect to have good results, as far as shipping is concerned. I have yet to ever pay for overnight shipping and have yet to lose any fish from shipping stresses. Anyone who routinely ships fish knows to fast them a day or two before shipping and to include enough air in the package to replace respiration losses from the fish. Be sure to follow directions when it comes to acclimating your new fish. Shippers tend to know what works best with their own shipping methods.

Most reactions

Back