10 gallon stocking question

raseii

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 10 gallon that has 2 swordtails and 3 serpae tetras in it. Is this the limit on the 10 gallon or could I put more fish in it. I know my kids want to put some ghost shrimp in and would like to put one of those sucker fish ??? are those called corys? the ones that are stay on the bottom and on the glass?
Thanks

Ideally, you should add 1 or 2 more tetras if your tank is established (more than a few months old). Tetras are schooling fish. I don't know how big those particular tetras are.

I've been told that ghost shrimp are great at eating leftovers, they help to keep a clean tank. As for the cories, they like to be kept in groups of 3 or more... can you get any dwarf cories where you are (the ones that only grow to 1 inch in length?) Those would be good..

Also, I think the suckerfish you are referring to are plecostemus. You can't add these, they'll get WAY too big for that tank.

I would add a cory or plec. I have got a 30"X15" tank and I have one. When it gets too big I will just take it back to the shop and get another! My tank has around 40odd fish in it. I have got an external fluval104 filter and it works a treat. The tank looks nice and full. Mind you it has taken me a few years to get the tank stable. The best advice I can give is to add fish a couple at a time (unless they are small like Neons etc) and leave a few weeks before you add any more.

I don't know, swordtails can get kinda large for a ten gallon...

Most reactions

Back