10 Gallon stocking ideas.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Zvon_04

Reaction score
I want a cory cat fish, Dwarf Gourami, and a Molly. How many of each can I fit in a 10 gallon?

Corydoras and molly need an aquarium that is larger than 10 gallons.

First, what is your GH? This will determine your stock choices.

Second, no molly or dwarf gourami in a 10 gallon, they are too large. A molly needs a 30 gallon and a dwarf gourami needs a 20 gallon.

Only corydoras in a 10 would be corydoras pygmaeus, corydoras hastatus, or corydoras habrosus in a group of 10 minimum... but they need softer water.

First, what is your GH? This will determine your stock choices.

Second, no molly or dwarf gourami in a 10 gallon, they are too large. A molly needs a 30 gallon and a dwarf gourami needs a 20 gallon.

Only corydoras in a 10 would be corydoras pygmaeus, corydoras hastatus, or corydoras habrosus in a group of 10 minimum... but they need softer water.
What About zebra danios with Dwarf Gourami? How many of each woul I be able to fit?

I would probably do 1 gourami in a 10 gallon or instead like 6 danios. I wouldent mix them seing as gouramis can be aggressive.

neither of those in a 10 gallon, its too small.

Danios need to be kept in a group of 6 and need a 20 gallon long at least.

A dwarf gourami needs to be kept in a 20 gallon too, 10 is too small. And only one dwarf gourami as they are aggressive.

You could consider a trio of sparkling gouramis in the 10 gallon though.

neither of those in a 10 gallon, its too small.

Danios need to be kept in a group of 6 and need a 20 gallon long at least.

A dwarf gourami needs to be kept in a 20 gallon too, 10 is too small. And only one dwarf gourami as they are aggressive.

You could consider a trio of sparkling gouramis in the 10 gallon though.
Okay thankyou for your help.

Try not to get any dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) or their colour varieties because they are regularly infected with Fish Tuberculosis and or the Gourami Iridovirus. Neither of which can be treated, and once those diseases are in your tank, they are there forever.

Honey or Sparkling gouramis are small fish that don't normally carry these diseases and would be ok in a 10 gallon tank assuming the pH and GH of your water is suitable for them.

Most reactions

Back