10 Gallon Office Tank

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I'm going to be setting up a 10 gallon aquarium in my office and am trying to decide if I want to go saltwater or fresh. Honestly, I really want to go saltwater just so I can have shrimp again :) (I have a 29 gallon saltwater and it has been shrimp-less since I got my blue spotted puffer). I would like to have two small fish in this tank....some type of small goby (I would really like to find a shrimp/goby pair) and another fish that would be more active in the water column so the people in the waiting room have something a little more "traditional" to watch. I've read lots of other threads about 10 gallon saltwater tanks, and I don't want clownfish and I'm not sure if damsels would be too active for this size of a tank. I also need fish that are easy to feed (i.e. no live food). Just wondering if the goby is really the only choice for a tank this size, or if I'm overlooking another small fish that would be idle for a small tank.

Firefish would work lovely in there, if even another goby,lol...a chalk basslet reaches only 8 cm,,,, swissguard basslet, 8 cm again,,,,,,banggai cardinal,,,,,,,fijian blue devil damsel, more peaceful than it's name, lol,,,,,

Firefish would work lovely in there, if even another goby,lol...a chalk basslet reaches only 8 cm,,,, swissguard basslet, 8 cm again,,,,,,banggai cardinal,,,,,,,fijian blue devil damsel, more peaceful than it's name, lol,,,,,

I would 2nd the Firefish option. My brother has one in a similar tank and it is beautiful, and peaceful.

I used to have a firefish and it was the most cute, friendly interesting fish i have ever owned. They do like to find a 'home' and just hang around it the whole day but they are still great.

there are also things like watchman gobys. Court jester goby (Not sure if i have made that up, or i can remember it lol)

Thanks for the help....thinking about the firefish...was thinking more of a smaller fish though. And I do like those jester gobies but affraid feeding it would be too difficult for the situation. I'm pretty sure they need lots of live rock and it's hard to get them to take frozen food.

Firefish can hide away a lot so you might not always see it (since putting mine in my 100g I only see him briefly at feeding time then he spends the day in the rocks).

The court jester goby would be too difficult to feed unfortunately.

Maybe a yellow assessor (though I seem to recall they might be picky eaters too, not 100% sure though).

Bar gobys might also be a good idea but ideally you want at least a pair and that would need at least 20g.

10g is unfortunately fairly limiting, about all I can think of are gobys.

Barney is right about the Firefish. When my brother got his it picked a cave in the rock and basically stayed there until feeding time. However, after a week or so, it seemed to get more comfortable with it's surroundings and used to hang out just outside the cave in full view.

Not sure if that is the norm or not, but maybe if the firefish has a comfortable bolt hole and no other fish harassing it, it will stay out in the open more.

Most reactions

Back