1 Foot Cube - Iwagumi

Ark

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i have scarapped all of my other plans for my pfk aquacube and decided to do this - IWAGUMI
heres the plan 1 foot cube with 18 watt of lighthing 2wpg
i am going to buy 1 bag of either saechem onyx sand Or ada aquasoil amazonia (which one should i get)
decor ; a few peices of leapor stone from ae.
plants : my plan is to grow all my plants emersed then when the carpet is full grown i will add water.
then plants im planning to get is 3 or 4 pots of hc but i dont kno what plant to put behind it as i was thinking of hairgrass but i recently found out that this cant be grown emersed so it may just be a hc carpet with a few peices of leapord stone
thanks for looking
Ark

ANYONE KNOW WHEN AE WILL START SELLING PLANTS AGAIN><.............

Nice - though a 1 foot cube is ~5 gallons so 18w gives 3.something WPG - any CO2 plans?

not really wanting to use co2 becuase maintainence is somethink i wont really have time for as im in the middle of my gcses etc and i wont be able to change the yeats based systems every month and i dont really want to splash out on a pressurised system for a little 5gal tank.

the lighting is actually a 24 watt pc triplus so its around 4wpg or more so if you think it will be needed i have a spare red sea bio co2 set to use http://www.plantsalive.co.uk/index.php?act...p;productId=132 was also wondering if i could connect a glass ceramic diffuser to this set..

Ark

what substrate do you reccomend btw seachem onyx sand or ada amazonia
what plant do you think i should put behind the hc
should i buy mini landscaping rocks or leopard stone from ae.....

ok, im going down this root myself for my 11 inch cube and I think you'll find dwarf hair grass can be grown emersed.
The things that stand out the most to me are the lack of co2. hc REALLY needs co2 addition to be grown nicely you'll need high nutrients too so ADA aqua soil would be perfect (and is in fact recommended for this style of growing) but you will still need to dose ferts with this.
If your worried about it being maintainable during your gcse's I wouldn't, maintainance will take as little as an hour a week in a tank of this size, in my 10gal I can do a water change trim and breif replant in an hour and this is only once a week!

i have decided not to set this tank up till december and i will use a d -d complete disposable presurised co2 kit.
thanks i will also go for the aquasoil
Ark

Most reactions

Back