1.5l Pico Diary.....1st Pics

O I have those too, nice but a bit pricy. I have the blue one though I'm considering the red one since I'v heard there better to view SW tanks with. I'm not sure if they heat up the water a lot though will check later and let you know sianeds.

Hmm, hopefully it's not too good to be true, do let us know how it comes and get some batteries. :good:

Fickle me. I have emptied it out today. I got bored of it. But...I have learned some stuff about keeping small tanks so all is not wasted. The tiny bits of LR will be used during fragging and are now in another tank.

The pico now contains sea monkeys!!! Yet another experiment...... all will be revealed in due course

Lol, i have used that exact same tank for sea monkeys! Though mine never worked out beacause i fed them too much/too little (i made my own food).

1.5 litres eh? This thread has inspired me...especially since ADA are apparently now doing marine products. I'm going to start looking for a very small glass tank....surely my parents cant say no to 1.5 litres?(or i could just not tell them :shifty:).
I would probably use an 11 watt florescent though...and possibly an external filter (or a modified HOB filter if possible).
LED's don't give out the right spectrum for a marine tank do they? Or is there special LED's for aquariums now? That desk lamp doesn't either? I'm not even too sure a regular florescent does...

TBH I wasn't too concerned about lighting etc as I knew it was only a short term experiment. Now I know I can do it and if I see a nice little tank I'll get one and do it properly. There are some great pico tanks on the market but I didn't want to spend a load on a good set-up just to fail and kill stuff.

Well like I said, it was just to see if I could put the theory into practise. I'm pretty sure that I can now so watch this space :good:

Anyway...it's a handy little tank and I can do loads more with it. I'm waiting for my sea monkeys to hatch in it now. I hope they do, as if they prove successful I have another plan :hey:

Plus...I'm starting a new nano, 17gallons (uk) so that will take up alot of my time and money for the next few weeks. Then I need to start a "trio" tank which I'll explain another time and I still have to finish my coffee table reef and a TV tank! Oh and my 165gal and 200gal tanks which are still on the cards for this year.

Am a busy lady with a bad case of Multiple Tank Syndrome :blush:

congrats on providing one of the most amazing,interesting and satisfying topic ive ever had the pleasure to watch.

you would make a fantastic script writer..............it was all going GREAT then you killed off the main character, superb for british soap :sad:but very :good:
a very well presented and educated experiment.

Mmmm now thats got me thinking...............................wheres that spare denture pot i had lying around? :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pico's are very do-able, although there suitability for long term probably isnt the greatest. Im actually entering an anything <Nano competition, using a small 1.5g (5.5L) Pico I plan to set up as a temperate SW planted tank. I decided to use an "AquaBox". The built in light is kinda sad for my purpose, so ive already torn that out in favour of a Bulb or MH, but its not too expensive at $70AU with Lighting, Filter, Media, Mini stand and draw. :good: Check one out.

DSC05955.jpg

Can't wait to hear more about your 17gal nano!! All very exciting! If you can manage to keep paramaters stable in your pico then I'm sure you can do anything, great idea for an experiment :thumbs:

Well this morning my sea monkeys have started to hatch!!!

This is really good as loads more hatched then I was hoping for.

Yes I will be feeding them...this batch will be shared between my SW tanks and my FW tank, but any future batches will form part of a plan for a new tank......

Well this morning my sea monkeys have started to hatch!!!

This is really good as loads more hatched then I was hoping for.

Yes I will be feeding them...this batch will be shared between my SW tanks and my FW tank, but any future batches will form part of a plan for a new tank......

Hehehe, happy birthday sea monkeys!

Most reactions

Back