Wobbly tank cabinet

Ieesha99

Reaction score
I have the juwel lido 120 with the juwel primo 70 tank on top. My cabinet is on carpet. I have noticed if I gently put pressure on either end of the cabinet it wobbles. How can I fix this ? It’s a brand new cabinet so I’m guessing it’s just not level on my carpet.

If you are sure the cabinet is correct then I would put shims under the cabinet where the space is. Ideally I would find level first, but if the tank is already up and filled it can provide level for you. If you don't have shims anything you can put under to prevent the wobble will help. Keep in mind these will be around for a while so something that doesn't stain the carpet would be best.

The usual advice goes in two directions. You can buy a slab of wood to put under the tank. They usually suggest plywood, but it isn't pretty.
Or, you can move the tank. It isn't usually good to have a tank on carpet, and wobbling is a leak-maker.

The usual advice goes in two directions. You can buy a slab of wood to put under the tank. They usually suggest plywood, but it isn't pretty.
Or, you can move the tank. It isn't usually good to have a tank on carpet, and wobbling is a leak-maker.
Unfortunately the whole house is carpet 🤦🏼‍♀️ will have to try get it level or try the wood

Had not considered the carpet aspect of the issue. @GaryE is totally correct in my opinion. A fish tank on carpet is like carpeting in the bathroom.

Does the stand wobble because of the carpet or is the stand just crap quality and wobbling because it isn't built properly?
If it's a crap stand, empty the tank and send the stand back.

Concerns about having a tank on carpet are quite alarmist. Nothing wrong with it. It all goes back to having a good stand, and getting things as level as you can, that's all.

Does the stand wobble because of the carpet or is the stand just crap quality and wobbling because it isn't built properly?
If it's a crap stand, empty the tank and send the stand back.
I think it must be the carpet as it’s a juwel cabinet which I believe are good quality

What's underneath the carpet? Concrete, wooden boards, chipboard (we once has a house with chipboard over insulation over concrete)?

We have carpet just about everywhere. The 125 litre Rio was in 2 different positions in the lounge and the current 180 litre is in the dining room. Both rooms are carpet and underlay over concrete. Neither of these tanks showed a wobble.

What's underneath the carpet? Concrete, wooden boards, chipboard (we once has a house with chipboard over insulation over concrete)?

We have carpet just about everywhere. The 125 litre Rio was in 2 different positions in the lounge and the current 180 litre is in the dining room. Both rooms are carpet and underlay over concrete. Neither of these tanks showed a wobble.
It’s wooden floor boards with carpet on top

In that case, it may the boards that are causing the wobble if they are uneven.

Most reactions

Back