What is this?

MuddyWaters

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is this just regular algae? It's hard to tell from the pic, but it's a brighter green than other algae I have and it's only in that one spot.
1000008888.jpg

That's bad, yes? Guessing I should spot treat with hydrogen peroxide or something?
Nah, no need. I was able to remove mine manually. I decreased the photoperiod on the tank and stuck to light feedings (I think the previous owner overfed quite a bit) and it hasn't come back. I think you should just be able to remove that rock, scrub off the cyanobacteria and replace it.

Nah, no need. I was able to remove mine manually. I decreased the photoperiod on the tank and stuck to light feedings (I think the previous owner overfed quite a bit) and it hasn't come back. I think you should just be able to remove that rock, scrub off the cyanobacteria and replace it.
yeah after I posted above I thought, "I can just take the dang rock out, duh! " LOL I know I was overfeeding before. Way overfeeding. Now I'm down to just overfeeding. :D

yeah after I posted above I thought, "I can just take the dang rock out, duh! " LOL I know I was overfeeding before. Way overfeeding. Now I'm down to just overfeeding. :D
Lol, I think we've all been guilty of overfeeding at one point or another. Good luck with the cyanobacteria. In my experience, it doesn't grow all that quickly, so if it does come back, you don't have to worry about it taking over the tank overnight

Most reactions

Back