What are you doing today?

Power washing the driveway
image.jpg

I'm in a weird, sepia world as the eclipse is underway here. After a week of rain and heavy cloud cover, today has been blazing sun and warmth, at 14c. We're now almost at the peak. We would have had to drive an hour inland for the full show, but it's a work evening and we wouldn't have gotten back in time. It's such a strange, stark lighting, reflected in an inky, metallic looking sea.

So far, the dog hasn't started talking and there have been no demons coming up the plumbing. No werewolfs, game show hosts or wraiths. All's quiet in the graveyard across the road, except it's full of people in cheap looking protective glasses.

Wait, over by the crypt. Is that a mummy? Nah, it can't be, it's a

I'm in a weird, sepia world as the eclipse is underway here. After a week of rain and heavy cloud cover, today has been blazing sun and warmth, at 14c. We're now almost at the peak. We would have had to drive an hour inland for the full show, but it's a work evening and we wouldn't have gotten back in time. It's such a strange, stark lighting, reflected in an inky, metallic looking sea.
Totally jealous.

Doing my dreaded second Tuesday of the month computer updates. Normally not a big deal for the average user but I have 7 different systems going and it gets tedious. Really not all that much of a big deal as I can do other things when systems are updating but it just takes a bit of on/off time to do. Five systems done and two to go. ;) No biggie as to the last two as they are setup to automatically do the update downloads and then just sit and wait to finish. Next time I shut down these two systems I will have the option to do updates and then shut down or just shut down. I just let the updates do their thing before the shut down.

Other than the above I'm just waiting for my dish washer to finish so I can do dinner. Ya, ya, I could just pull out the two pans I need from the washer and finish by hand but I tend to eat late anyway so will just let it go. The finished dinner will be a 6 ounce butcher cut top sirloin with scalloped taters, green beans with a bit of onion and bell pepper and a small 4 ounce butter and garlic baguette. When I do this small cut of sirloin and the butter/garlic bread I have found that I REALLY like slicing the steak pretty thin and eating on a chunk of the garlic bread. They just seem to fit together as may be expected as they are both from the same source. It is like having mini super tender steak sandwiches. but in bite size form and the thin slice of steak works well with the bread as the steak is, on average, 1.25 inches thick which makes it excellent as to a thin slice going on the garlic bread. ;)

Fishing! Took me a bit to find out what they were biting at!
Was hoping for bass or bowfin, but these bluegill were a really good size!
View attachment 340110View attachment 340111
Those are great sized bluegills! Should be excellent eating if your water is clean and cool. Man, I used to love catching those on a fly rod. Might have to head over to Bass Lake one of these days and find some.

Those are great sized bluegills! Should be excellent eating if your water is clean and cool.
Sadly only catch and release there... (Technically I shouldn't even be fishing there, but there's no sign that says I can't and the person who owns the building with the pond on the property told me it's fine and she doesn't care)
Man, I used to love catching those on a fly rod. Might have to head over to Bass Lake one of these days and find some.
I've heard it's really fun fighting a fish in a fly rod! My older brother fly fishes a lot and he says it's really fun. Also spoke to a guy at an expo about fly fishing. He does a bit of salt water fly fishing and catches red drum, which is crazy for me to think about...

Those are great sized bluegills! Should be excellent eating if your water is clean and cool. Man, I used to love catching those on a fly rod. Might have to head over to Bass Lake one of these days and find some.
Yeppers, blue gills, along with crappies, make for a great 'pan fry' eating fish as do perch. Still my favorites are walleye for batter frying and small mouth bass for just about anything else. If in warmer water striped bass also make for a great batter fry.

Yeppers, blue gills, along with crappies, make for a great 'pan fry' eating fish as do perch. Still my favorites are walleye for batter frying and small mouth bass for just about anything else. If in warmer water striped bass also make for a great batter fry.
Never been a big bass fan, but I'm with you on walleye. Walleyes or bluegills for the frier, and brookies for the smoker. (and carp for the garden)

Relating to water being clean, are you mentioning when the fish is off-flavor?

I am also working with my artemia business, creating a catalog. Based on live brine shrimp announcements in the Netherlands and the United States, I have already chosen the prices for the following products:

• R$ 15 for 20 live brine shrimp;
  • R$ 20 for 50 live brine shrimp;
Yes, if you convert the price to American Dollar, the price will be extremely cheap. Brazil is still a poor country.

This is what 50 brine shrimp look like on a small sieve:
1712879010081.jpeg

1712879132501.jpeg

Artemia posing for photo shoot

Most reactions

Back