🐠 TOTM Vote Now - May 2023 Tank of the Month Contest (31 Gal & Larger)

Vote Now - May 2023 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
VOTING HAS ENDED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:
Please Vote Now
We have 7 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' May 2023 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on May 15th at 4 PM (ET).

Last edited:
IMG_0118.JPG

40 gallon Brahmaputra River, India Biotope

This is my attempt at a biotope. All fauna occur in the Brahmaputra River in India (in the same specific area).

Some plants are cited as occurring in the same area & some are not specifically cited but are widespread throughout India/SE Asia, so I am operating under assumption.

FAUNA

Scarlet Badis (2M/5F/3 juv.)

Caridina Babaulti Shrimp (around 11)

Assassin Snail (1)

FLORA

Water Wisteria, Water Sprite, Hydrocotyle Tripartite, Vallisneria Americana, Hornwort, Phoenix Moss, Christmas Moss

FILTRATION: Fluval Aquaclear 30 X 2

LIGHTING: Aqueon OptiBright+LED (7 hours a day)

HEATER: Fluval T150 (temp. 75)

SUBSTRATE: 2-4mm gravel

FEEDING: Live food only, primarily blackworms

Last edited by a moderator:
May_2023_TFF_TOTM01.jpg

This is my 55 gallon tank. I've been running this tank for 11 months now.
The mollies were born last summer in my 20 gallon and were eventually moved to this one.

Livestock

Angel Fish (2)
Golddust Lyretail Molly (5)
Panda Garra (1)
Rummy Nose Tetra (10)
Guppy (4)
Hemigrammus levis Tetra (2)

Live Plants

Java Fern
Small driftwood with christmas moss
Hornwort
Red Flame Sword
Salvinia Minima - Water Spangle
Amazon Frogbit
Lucky Bamboo

Hardware

Aqueon - QuietFlow Aquarium Tank Power Filter 55/75
JamgoZoo Aquarium Heater with Thermostat: 100W/200W/300W/500W Fish Tank Heater, 200W
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 18 to 24 Inch, 11 Watts
NICREW Single Channel LED Light Timer Pro, LED Digital Dimmer for ClassicLED, ClassicLED Plus, SkyLED, BrightLED and Other Lights with Standard 2.5mm

Substrate

Mix of small gravel and sand

60E83D65-D8D7-451F-9DB1-F520D2D68D6D.jpeg

This is my 50ish gallon ex marine tank with sump been running just over 12months

Livestock

15 tiger barbs
7 rummynose tetra
2 breeding kribensis with 30 odd babies
40 kribensis about 15mm in the sump about to go to lfs
2 bristlenose

Plants

I dunno really I just buy them don’t have any interest in names as long as they are easy and grow! I also just place them in and let them grow I prefer this look then the neat pristine look. I use tropica plant fertiliser and tabs.

Substrate is play sand wood was bought from the range

Filtration/ equipment

Equipment was moved over from shutting down marine tank as didn’t see much point selling it only to buy again

Lighting evergrow it5080
Sump
1st chamber sponges fine medium and corse alfagrog (2kg)
2nd chamber D-D heater link to a controller keeping temp at 25.2
3rd chamber return pump
4th chamber auto top up pump

IMG_20230502_131214.jpg

My 56 G tank.

This has been my project for the past 4 months.

Ciano 120 emotions pro with an Eheim external filter.

Plants
Anubias consensus, Hygophilia polysperma, Limnophila aromatica, Bucophalandra Theia, Microsorum Pteropus, Hygophilia Lancea, Echindoms Rose, Cryptocoryne nevelli, Bacopa Amptexmcoulis, Bolbitis heudelotii, Hydrocotyle Leucoceptia, Microsorum Trident, Villisneria Spiralis, Ludwigiamini super red.

Substrate, JBL volcanic lave, Aquasoil, dogwood and dragon stone.

I use Flourish and flourish excel for the plants.

Fish

Cardinal, neon, sepia, ember and xray tetras. Cherry barbs, various Corydoras and ottos. 2 x rabbit snails.

tank5223.jpeg

Hi everyone here is my first ever entry!

This is my 36 gallon bowfront tank, I found it free on the side of the road in summer of 2021. I have had a hard time getting this tank to cycle properly and the algae in it was quite out of control for a while, and eventually I got so sick of it that I decided that it should mainly be stocked with bottom feeders and algae eaters.

Stock: 8 assorted shrimp, 5 otocinclus catfish, 8 male guppies, 1 female betta, 4 nerite snails, and 4 mystery snails. I know it may sound overstocked, but this was truly the only way I could combat the algae, and everyone is finally settled in and flourishing.

Plants: Amazon sword, various ludwigia species, moneywort, a dwarf hairgrass that i still have yet to plant as a carpet, mexican oak leaf, water sprite, cabomba carolinia, anubias, a species of hygrophila that i havent identified (found at a local pet store), and some corkscrew vals that haven't quite come in yet.

There is a thin layer of aquasoil on the bottom (<20mm) and sand on top. I dose flourish comprehensive supplement once a week. Lighting is a hygger from amazon, which seems to be pretty underpowered for my tank but i dont have the money to upgrade yet. I also use root tabs for the swords.

IMG_5237.JPG

Set up on 03.2023, The idea behind this tank is a ‘Nano Tank’ on a bigger scale. We called it ‘The Little Boogers Tank’. It’s a comeback to a hobby after having Goldfish in the past so in a month we went from 0 to 3 tanks after we rescued a few Cherry Barbs and Pearl Danios (they are in different tanks and doing amazing btw). We still plan to add some fish and some wood + pebbles to aquascape a bit :)

SIZE: 200 liters/50 gallons

TANK BRAND: AQUAEL

FILTER: All Pond Solutions 1000EF External (up to 400L)

HEATER: AQUAEL In-line External Flow Heater, 300W

AIR PUMP: All Pond Solutions AP-6-KIT, 2x168L/h, 4W

LIGHT: 2x AQUAEL 14W LED Tubes on a timer

SUBSTRATE: Unipac Black Limpopo sand

PLANTS: Amazon Sword, Java Fern, Bacopa Caroliniana, Hygrophila Costata, Lobelia Cardinalis, Vallisneria Spiralis, Lilaeopsis Novae-zelandiae, Sagittaria Subulata +floating Hydrocotyle Leucocephala + We plan to add something more covering the surface of water

FERTILIZER: Easy Life Root Sticks

FOOD: discs/flakes/granules + Repashy Soilent Green for Ottos and Corys
feeding two times a day and putting Repashy in after the lights are off so shy Ottos can fill their tummies.

FISH:
12x Ember Tetra,
10x Green Neon Rasbora,
10x Copper/Glowlight Harlequin Rasbora,
9x Otocinclus Catfish,
5x Panda Corydoras Catfish

We plan on adding some of:
Strawberry or Chili Rasbora / Spotted Blue Eye Rainbowfish / Toucan or Hummingbird Tetra,
and Orange Venezuelan or Similis or Similis Red Corydoras

(Added another pic with close up on handwritten note in case it wasn't visible enough on main pic in bottom left corner)

Cheers!

78E86E73-6384-43E4-9F61-5AD07C638703.jpeg

75 gallon Seapora Cichlid community tank

I have had this tank for almost about 3 years now and it was my first tank for a lot of things, like first time getting cichlids, first time getting large fish, and also first time getting a big aquarium (I had only a 10 gallon for many years)

Current stock
Featherfin Synodontis:
He is 10 years old! He has been with me since almost the beginning of my Aquarium Hobby and is my all time favorite

Red spotted severum: My “centerpiece” and also my largest fish. He always knows when I am in the room and knows exactly where to go to get his large pellets.

Electric blue acara: He and my Severum were the first fish I purchased for this aquarium and they have been through a lot since I had a lot of trial and error with this aquarium.

Polar blue parrot convict cichlids (7): I call them my Jellybeans as they are adorable though they have a feisty attitude. I originally only planned to get 3 for a different aquarium, but ended up getting 9 as they came in groups of 3 when I ordered.

Boesemani Rainbowfish (4): I love how active they are and their cool colors, almost as if they are wearing bright orange shorts.

Blue Rainbow fish (1): I wanted to have some diversity among there group so I bought a blue one, also to give my EBA another blue friend

Tank specifics
I have a natural looking gravel base with artificial plants (possibly might change in the near future to a planted tank). I tried to mimic a more natural aquarium with the wooden, plant, and rock decor. I run two submersible heaters I got from Amazon, two airstone airpumps, an Aquaclear 110 HOB filter, and a Fluval lighting that makes their colors pop a lot. As in the title, it is a seapora 75 gallon tank that is black silicon and black stained wood with glass cover tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back